Steph Castle declares | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Steph Castle declares

Reaction Score
Honestly couldn’t have asked for a better one year with the program. Came in, did his work, represented UConn quite well (on and off court), won a championship and leaves as a lottery pick. Entire Castle family represented UConn perfectly. Looking forward to watching him continue to grow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's going to represent UConn well for a long time to come. NBA is getting a star. Look forward to seeing him watch future NCAA Championship games with our other NBA greats.

Reaction Score
Hope to see this Steph be a Jimmy Butler type player in the league. Can't wait to follow his career. We don't win #6 without him!
I think that's a great comparison although we'll see if Steph can show the same amount of "dog" that JB shows

Reaction Score
Castle might end up being our best NBA player ever. He is that good. Castle is the next Shai Gilgeous-Alexander but he's got an extra 30 pounds of muscle on him. Any GM that passes on him will look like a fool in 3 years.

Reaction Score
we all knew it was coming. Best of luck SC and ty for all you done for the UCONN program!

Slam Dunk Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

legit one of my favorite plays in Husky history.

Reaction Score
He really should have stayed for a post-doc to develop a fundamentally sound mid-range jumper [/boomer]

But really, massive congrats. My favorite one-year player of all time.

Reaction Score
As Adama would say- When Steph stepped on campus last June-Said he wanted to be one and done. He is.

Imagine getting a NC ring from UConn and being a Top 5 NBA Draft pick as a 19 yr old.

Keep doing your thing and make the Boneyard proud. You're going to kick butt at the next level. Thanks for the memories.

Reaction Score
Congrats and Great for him for sure, but so bittersweet that we only had him and cam for a year. Easily could make the case that castle and Cam were 2 of the top few players to ever come to this program, Imagine 1 or 2 more years with those guys? Wudda been amazing

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
LOVE this kid! Can't wait to get NBA league pass and start watching all our guys blossom into stars :)

Reaction Score
Congrats and Great for him for sure, but so bittersweet that we only had him and cam for a year. Easily could make the case that castle and Cam were 2 of the top few players to ever come to this program, Imagine 1 or 2 more years with those guys? Wudda been amazing
Meant to say top one year players of all time. Lol

Reaction Score
I don't remember a player ever changing his game to fit the team's needs in one year more than Steph did this year.

In HS/AAU he was an on ball creator. He played alongside a PG at times, but he was mostly running the show. Running pick and rolls, initiating offense, taking pull up off-the-dribble jumpers.

He did very little of that at UConn. Instead, he turned in one of the most impressive perimeter defensive performances in the history of the NCAA tournament. He became a cutter and a screener and a cog in the machine. He filled the shoes of a top 40 junior NBA draft pick seamlessly (and maybe then some).

Unbelievable. He'll probably go the NBA and show them the other stuff he can do that he did in HS. Some fans are going to be pretty surprised. But he's so much more well-rounded now. He can pretty much do anything on a basketball court you need him to do. On ball, off ball. Passing, cutting, moving. Perimeter stopper, versatile and can switch. The full package. UConn legend.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I may have to start watching the NBA, but will probably just remain a box score lurker…
Or 5-10 minutes drive by viewer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As Adama would say- When Steph stepped on campus last June-Said he wanted to be one and done. He is.
"He thought he could lead the team to a national championship in become an NBA lottery pick. He could."

Reaction Score
The best freshman season I’ve ever seen a UConn player have.

Get the bag, legend!
I am torn between Steph's season and Caron's. Caron carried that team and averaged 15 and 8. Obviously did not win a title, though, and Steph has an edge on defense. Different impacts, but amazing seasons.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Steph, earned everything he got.

As much as I’ll miss Steph, I’ll miss his family equally as much. Just great representatives of the University.

Reaction Score
Good for him. He will benefit UConn recruiting for the next 10 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom