Stef to San Antonio? | The Boneyard

Stef to San Antonio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The WNBA player most like Stef is already there, Jayne Appel. Stef would probably be somewhat of an upgrade, but I can't see using the #3 overall pick to get that small advance. Assuming the Sun take Chiney, that means at least one of O. Sims and A. Thomas would be available at #3, and could do much more toward fleshing out a contending team in San Antonio. They could use help at the 2 and the 3, Becky and Vicki aren't getting younger.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Wow, I completely missed that.
polar bear rolling.jpg

I believe this is the order for 2014 draft:
1. Connecticut Sun
2. Tulsa Shock
3. San Antonio Silver Stars

4. New York Liberty
5. Indiana Fever
6. Washington Mystics

7. Seattle Storm
8. Atlanta Dream
9. Phoenix Mercury

10. Chicago Sky
11. Los Angeles Sparks
12. Minnesota Lynx

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope she drops to #4, then I'll get season tickets again. The Liberty have been playing for the past two seasons in Newark while they renovate the garden. Lambier, don't be a dud, take Steph!

Reaction Score
Love Dan Hughes, but if he takes Stef number three, I just don't know.

Chiney, Thomas, McBride and Sims should be 1-4.

U

UCONNfan1

The WNBA player most like Stef is already there, Jayne Appel. Stef would probably be somewhat of an upgrade, but I can't see using the #3 overall pick to get that small advance. Assuming the Sun take Chiney, that means at least one of O. Sims and A. Thomas would be available at #3, and could do much more toward fleshing out a contending team in San Antonio. They could use help at the 2 and the 3, Becky and Vicki aren't getting younger.
Slight upgrade? Appel is a nice player. Stef is a great player. Appel has nowhere near the BBIQ nor the passing ability of Stef. Nor does Appel possess anywhere near the mjd range or deep game Stef has. All you need to know regarding shooting is her FT % is just over 60% while Stef's is closer to 80%.

Appel is averaging about 4 PPG as a pro and has never averaged over 6 PPG in any season. Her last season was her best at 5.9 PPG and 8.9 RPG. That was a really solid season. I see them as similar players, but Stef is an upgrade in every imaginable area...

Having said all of that, I think San Antonio would be crazy to pass on Alyssa Thomas, but it's possible they see her as too similar to Danielle Adams. Maybe they'd go with Stef AND Jayne on the court together... But then again they have Sophia Young so i'm not sure what they are thinking...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think the Sun will take McBride with the first pick. Stef goes to Liberty or Fever.

Reaction Score
Liberty have two centers they need a point guard.
rt bb fan; you are right, but a guy can wish...maybe (another wish) Indiana trades up one spot for McBride and a massive trade with Bone...okay, the more I type this is preposterous; still I can dream.

Reaction Score
I'd either take Sims or trade down. As good a college player as Chiney is she is a post player, and seemingly small for a 4. Sims is the most complete college guard I've seen in a while. She could run the Sun offense for the next 10 years. Thomas is less of a ? as she has some outside game and can play the wing. There are a lot of good 3/4's. But there are fewer point guards who excel at both ends and can dish as well as score.

But I'm a little cynical as far as how players get to teams. I remember when the draft lottery was held behind closed doors.

Reaction Score
Dolson would be the perfect pick.In terms of need I would draft the following:
Conn.-Chiney(give Tina support).
Tulsa-Thomas(give Johnson support).
Dolson-Perfect player to build around,Appel is a role player,Dolson is a future All-Pro.
New York-Sims(compliment Cappie).
Toss up on the remainder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member