Stef gives her take on team USA | The Boneyard

Stef gives her take on team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"One of the biggest takeaways for me was that I was honored to be around women like Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Seimone Augustus (among others). It truly was great to see how they carried themselves. I saw how hard they went in practice. I saw how motivated they were to do everything perfect -- even down to streching. I even saw how they handled themselves off the court. When we were not practicing and there was some down time, nobody had headphones on or was in their own world. Everybody was talking and professional. I respected that. It was a learning opportunity for myself and it's something I can use to my advantage in the future."

Nice little piece. Thanks for posting, Pap!

Reaction Score
Shame on Steff, she just let out Geno's secret. Play harder than the other guys, run their legs off but you be in "condition".
Ever notice how many UConn games were tight in the first half, then Uconn ran away in the second? Geno ran their legs into rubber. No team is physically conditioned like UConn. Geno's big secret. Stewie doesn't run just to get open, she's wearing out the defender.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We will never know if or how often any player(s) responded to Geno's instructions, "the minute we got tired, we should let him know, so he could bring a fresh player in."

Mor important that the team have five players going at top speed than any individual building stats on tired legs.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ya, knowing how competitive a number of the players on the team are... I doubt there are any times when they ask to come out because they are tired.
With four coaches on the bench watching, I doubt that Geno needs a player to admit tiredness - they will see a slow step, a jog instead of a sprint.

Reaction Score
Shame on Steff, she just let out Geno's secret. Play harder than the other guys, run their legs off but you be in "condition".
Ever notice how many UConn games were tight in the first half, then Uconn ran away in the second? Geno ran their legs into rubber. No team is physically conditioned like UConn. Geno's big secret. Stewie doesn't run just to get open, she's wearing out the defender.
Yes, but not just the legs, the head also. The constant pressure breaks them down.

Reaction Score
Ya, knowing how competitive a number of the players on the team are... I doubt there are any times when they ask to come out because they are tired.
"Tired? Moi??"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She's on her way to Russia... good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom