Staying positive--I love the "Jumping Up and Down" | The Boneyard

Staying positive--I love the "Jumping Up and Down"

Reaction Score
All,

Winning the NC has many lovely, moving moments--the MOP award, the cutting down the nets with Geno last of course, the hats and t shirts, the parades.

My favorite moment is what I call the "Jumping Up and Down." It happens when the game is completely decided, but not quite over. E.g., we are up 30 with 2 minutes to go, etc.

In my considered judgment, ;), the JUAD officially begins when Geno pulls the seniors, either individually, or in 2016 when he pulled Stewie, Mo, and Tuck all together, as was fitting.They have so much energy, because they have achieved the goal of winning the NC. But they cannot really do much of anything, yet. They cannot celebrate exactly, because the game is still going. They cannot charge the court. Etc. So, they stand on the sidelines and JUAD in utter bliss.

My favorite JUAD was in 2016. Stewie backed up in action her bold claim that she wanted to win 4 NCs. And she completes her goal against Syracuse! I mean, you cannot make this stuff up.

And, to top it off, BriannaP, the beloved walk on, hits the last shot! I thought Stewie was going to hit the ceiling, she jumped so high with complete joy.

For the JUAD, start at about 1:49:27. This never, ever gets old.

I must say that I miss the JUAD. If we don't get to experience it this year, next year we look so very strong. We shall see.

Care to share?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My only thought about jumping this year is it was great seeing Paige jump up and down healthy (the ND 80 foot dime to CW just before halftime comes to mind) but please please please don't do it with crutches. :eek:

and I suppose Nika's chest bump is a close variant but I worry she is going to wipe out Caroline :rolleyes:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
My only thought about jumping this year is it was great seeing Paige jump up and down healthy (the ND 80 foot dime to CW just before halftime comes to mind) but please please please don't do it with crutches. :eek:

and I suppose Nika's chest bump is a close variant but I worry she is going to wipe out Caroline :rolleyes:
I think I remember the one you have in mind, and I thought the same thing about Caroline when I watched the replay...Caroline didn't seem to enjoy the chest bumps as much as others (especially Paige and Nika).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think I remember the one you have in mind, and I thought the same thing about Caroline when I watched the replay...Caroline didn't seem to enjoy the chest bumps as much as others (especially Paige and Nika).
I think Caroline has figured out she plays best on an even keel and maybe she does not want to get to high. But also likely is that is was just a surprise reaction. She was actually ask to comment on it a bit in the presser saying that it was surprising but it is great that Nika brings so much energy and emotion to the team. So Caroline, buckle up if you plan on blocking more shots into the seats. :)

Reaction Score
Interesting take, I took it that Caroline just wants “to play” and has a tremendous laser focus when on the court.
One thing I am extremely reluctant to get into is the “player X reminds me of player Y” rabbit hole but for focus, on court demeanor, seeming fearlessness and concentration on all aspects of the game she reminds me most of Larry Bird. Now I am not anointing or having expectations of that level player, she just brings him to mind for me as I watch her play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom