Stay classy, Auburn fans | The Boneyard

Stay classy, Auburn fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
5 start LB lives in Auburn, AL - chooses Bama on signing day. The "college football is life" Tiger fans in his town don't take too kindly to "traitors". Excerpts:

"It's getting worse," Evans said on Monday evening. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

"It's hard for me to go out and chill with my friends like I have always done because people keep coming up to me telling me I made a bad decision. It's grown men. They are asking me why I did this to them. I told them I had to do what is best for me.

"You know I knew this would happen. I knew people would be mad and say stuff. I didn't think it would be like this. It wasn't a complete shock to me, but I guess that's just how fans are.

"It's just crazy right now. What's getting crazy is people are going to the board at my school trying to get me in trouble. They are telling my teachers I am a bad kid and all this stuff. It's just bad right now.

"Social media has definitely been the worst. People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...on-hometown-auburn-backlash-its-getting-worse

Reaction Score
See if he will head over to uconn at this point. Low stress can play the first day he shows up. He will be on tv and nobody will act crazy other then some autograph seekers. Plus you can understand what we are saying.. saw a show with some southern people on it and they had to basically translate what they were saying. They were speaking the same language but had no clue what was coming out of there mouths.

Reaction Score
That is way out of control. OTOH, I wish that people in CT cared 5% that much, instead of 1% which is where we are today.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That is way out of control. OTOH, I wish that people in CT cared 5% that much, instead of 1% which is where we are today.

I don't call that "caring". I call that selfish, classless, disgusting behavior. Boycotting a person's family establishment because he chose a college that you dislike is the epitome of "dumb", and more likely suggests that those fans didn't learn anything while they attended Auburn in the first place (if they attended at all). I'm GLAD that people in CT are the way they are, even if I would love for the UConn-enthusiastic crowd to continue to grow larger (which I'm sure is what you meant, by the way)...

Reaction Score
It's no wonder why southern states like AL have stereotypes like dumb, inbreeding rednecks. Oh and rich too, because they make TV shows about 'em. Quack quack....

Reaction Score
It's no wonder why southern states like AL have stereotypes like dumb, inbreeding rednecks. Oh and rich too, because they make TV shows about 'em. Quack quack....
You know the old story about the Alabama bar exam. If you get married in Alabama then move to Mississippi and get divorced, are you still brother and sister?

Reaction Score

Would you replace "southern states like AL" with "black people", "Jews", or "g a y s" and say something like that?

The duck hunters from LA were millionaires before the TV show. If you've ever seen it, they don't appear to be anything you just described (except for the rich part).

Reaction Score
Would you replace "southern states like AL" with "black people", "Jews", or "g a y s" and say something like that?

The duck hunters from LA were millionaires before the TV show. If you've ever seen it, they don't appear to be anything you just described (except for the rich part).

No I wouldn't. Any other questions Mr Sensitive?

Just ask Jeff Foxworthy about southern rednecks. The inbreeding comment is just a rumor, but from my understanding it could be true. :confused:

Reaction Score
I've lived in the Northeast and the South. Given the stereotypes of each:

I'd rather hang out with a dumb southern redneck over a condescending know it all northeastern yuppy any day.

Reaction Score
I've lived in the Northeast and the South. Given the stereotypes of each:

I'd rather hang out with a dumb southern redneck over a condescending know it all northeastern yuppy any day.

Have fun. But don't you hang out with a know it all northeastern yuppy everyday? After reading most of your posts it appears so.

Reaction Score
Have fun. But don't you hang out with a know it all northeastern yuppy everyday? After reading most of your posts it appears so.

I wasn't referring to you at all. Not sure why you're getting so personal.

Reaction Score
Only pointing out the hypocrisy of people in/from the "tolerant" northeast.

Reaction Score
Although I believe the Auburn fans took it too far, this shows exactly how passionate southern fans are with the sport of football, especially college football. I HATE when student athletes from CT goes and play ball at BC. I may not take it to the extreme as southern fans, but deep down it kills me to see our top talent take their talent somewhere other than Uconn.

Reaction Score
Only pointing out the hypocrisy of people in/from the "tolerant" northeast.

Yes you did. You were intolerant of my opinion. Which is not an original one. The folks in Alabama have proven time and time again to be pretty (fill in the blank).

I'm guessing you either are from the south, currently live down south or have relatives down south. Otherwise, why would you react so over the top and bring Jew, blacks and g/a/y/s into this and leave out the Irish. Being of Irish decent I'm offended.

Reaction Score
I don't call that "caring". I call that selfish, classless, disgusting behavior. Boycotting a person's family establishment because he chose a college that you dislike is the epitome of "dumb", and more likely suggests that those fans didn't learn anything while they attended Auburn in the first place (if they attended at all). I'm GLAD that people in CT are the way they are, even if I would love for the UConn-enthusiastic crowd to continue to grow larger (which I'm sure is what you meant, by the way)...
You may not like the logic, but we do live in America, and boycotting someone's business is a right we all have. However, I do believe that boycotting this business for this reason is a bit immature. That being said, keep in mind, this store is in Auburn, sometimes you need to do what is best for your customers. If you can't or refuse, maybe you need to move your business. Also, the kid said he needs to do what is best for him. He also expected some backlash but perhaps not to this extent. Shocking, because we all have heard the stories of this rivalry. He did not take this into account? why not? Best for him is not just going to his top choice school but again he too should have looked at all the variables. We don't live in AL but he does...he needed to consider those consequences. And sure perhaps he is a bit victimized but didn't his decision bring it about it. Look people make choices in a bad places and situations get out of control. This is what happened. And for me, to judge anyone in AL when I don't live there....Well, I am not better than anyone until I have walked a mile in their shoes.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious that while there are a huge contingent of folks in Alabama who are passionate and dedicated college football fans, among their ranks are a good number of naive and childish individuals. Unfortunately, the over-the-top passion has bred the over-the-top poor behavior.

Reaction Score
The rivalry is part of the issue, the rest is that many AU fans have a basic inferiority problem when it comes to UA. Like some on here exhibit relative to a school which shall not be named, only worse.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You may not like the logic, but we do live in America, and boycotting someone's business is a right we all have. However, I do believe that boycotting this business for this reason is a bit immature.

???

Sounds like you may not like the logic either...

Reaction Score
Yes you did. You were intolerant of my opinion. Which is not an original one. The folks in Alabama have proven time and time again to be pretty (fill in the blank).

I'm guessing you either are from the south, currently live down south or have relatives down south. Otherwise, why would you react so over the top and bring Jew, blacks and g/a/y/s into this and leave out the Irish. Being of Irish decent I'm offended.

No, I tolerated your opinion. I didn't say you weren't entitled to it, or shouldn't be allowed to have and express it. By definition, I tolerated it.

pj

Reaction Score

Good question, considering he doesn't know whether the people harassing this player and his family are white, black, Jews, or gays. Could be any or all of them. He just assumes they are whites.

pj

Reaction Score
You may not like the logic, but we do live in America, and boycotting someone's business is a right we all have. However, I do believe that boycotting this business for this reason is a bit immature. That being said, keep in mind, this store is in Auburn, sometimes you need to do what is best for your customers. If you can't or refuse, maybe you need to move your business. Also, the kid said he needs to do what is best for him. He also expected some backlash but perhaps not to this extent. Shocking, because we all have heard the stories of this rivalry. He did not take this into account? why not? Best for him is not just going to his top choice school but again he too should have looked at all the variables. We don't live in AL but he does...he needed to consider those consequences. And sure perhaps he is a bit victimized but didn't his decision bring it about it. Look people make choices in a bad places and situations get out of control. This is what happened. And for me, to judge anyone in AL when I don't live there....Well, I am not better than anyone until I have walked a mile in their shoes.

Your first two sentences were good, then you went off the rails. For fans, football is a game. For him football may be his future living and most of his lifetime earnings. Fans should respect his choice, and not let their fanaticism go beyond the stadium and the athletic competition. To bully him and his family into attending Auburn, whether or not he thinks it is good for him, is downright immoral.

He is right to resist such bullying. Bravo to him and his family for doing what they think is right.

Reaction Score
Good question, considering he doesn't know whether the people harassing this player and his family are white, black, Jews, or gays. Could be any or all of them. He just assumes they are whites.

Where the heck did you come up with that?

Reaction Score
These are people that truly lack perspective.

It makes me so angry to think that some as think they can justify screwing with a kid's life and damaging his family's livelihood because they really like to go get wasted in a parking lot and cheer for what they think is a way of life rather than a school (which is probably pretty easy, considering most of them likely never attended Auburn).

To me, the way many southerners view college football is disgusting and unhealthy. Not something I'd like to see in our fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom