Stay Classy Assssshat | The Boneyard

Stay Classy Assssshat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What a friggin' .

The coach from Coginchaug after getting hammered by Ansonia and Arkeel Newsome's almost 500 yards and 7 TD's.

"Flat out, we lost to one guy," he said. "This group in white is the best team on that field. We lost to one guy. You take away Arkeel Newsome and this is a less than average football team. At this point right now, as they are, they wouldn't be the best team in our division let alone the state. They did not impress me tonight. Arkeel Newsome impressed me, but nothing else impressed me."

"They lost their quarterback and that's all they could do," Bozzi continued. "That's what they could do, against my little band of misfits from Coginchaug High School. … That's the best they could come up with was run the same kid. … We lost but I was unimpressed with the team and their preparation."

http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...onia-coginchaug-1204-20131203,0,4197341.story

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What a friggin' .

The coach from Coginchaug after getting hammered by Ansonia and Arkeel Newsome's almost 500 yards and 7 TD's.

"Flat out, we lost to one guy," he said. "This group in white is the best team on that field. We lost to one guy. You take away Arkeel Newsome and this is a less than average football team. At this point right now, as they are, they wouldn't be the best team in our division let alone the state. They did not impress me tonight. Arkeel Newsome impressed me, but nothing else impressed me."
"They lost their quarterback and that's all they could do," Bozzi continued. "That's what they could do, against my little band of misfits from Coginchaug High School. … That's the best they could come up with was run the same kid. … We lost but I was unimpressed with the team and their preparation."

http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...onia-coginchaug-1204-20131203,0,4197341.story
crying-baby.jpg

"We lost to one guy, waaaa!"​

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So, let's see, Coach Bozzi....one kid runs for 500 yards and seven touchdowns and you think the other team wasn't prepared?

When the opposition has one play called "run towards the endzone" and it works seven times and covers five football fields of yardage, you might want to recheck your x's and o's.

Reaction Score
That's the head coach of Ansonia's opponent? Way to teach your players, coach. If you lose, take pot shots at the team. I am embarrassed for him.

Reaction Score
So, let's see, Coach Bozzi....one kid runs for 500 yards and seven touchdowns and you think the other team wasn't prepared?

When the opposition has one play called "run towards the endzone" and it works seven times and covers five football fields of yardage, you might want to recheck your x's and o's.
My thoughts exactly. Your really going to knock a program for their preparation, while at the same time admitting you couldn't prepare your playoff team to stop a one man team as you say?

Also on Twitter last night one of the reporters was saying that Coginchaug parents/fans were yelling "he's 20, and he is not that good" immediately after Newsome's first TD. They must have showed up with a lot of arrogance and had a reality slap very early.

The nerve of that guy to knock the Ansonia program. Ansonia is "THE" program in CT. Check the championship banners buddy.

Reaction Score
Some very serious apologies to Ansonia & Newsome are in order here, starting with coach and up to AD and principal. Coginchaug has been playing high school football for what, three minutes? And another thing, take that block C off your helmets.

Reaction Score
Just another example of the "Durham" mentality. Ever been down their main thoroughfare? One of my relatives lives in that town. They have a town ordinance not allowing siding on the homes on that street in order to keep the buildings conforming to a colonial era look. Entitlement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just another example of the "Durham" mentality. Ever been down their main thoroughfare? One of my relative live in that town. They have a town ordinance my allowing siding in the homes on that street in order to keep the buildings conforming to a colonial era look. Entitlement.
Ah, you've been to Durham...

Reaction Score
They claim to have once been home to the founder of Texas, Stephen F. Austin. Maybe they should change their nickname to the Longhorns!

Reaction Score
Alex Thomas
Montrell Dobbs
Alex's brother who's name escapes me right now

They all put up freakish numbers at the RB position. Clearly Ansonia is very well coached which is why Montrell went there in the first place.

This guy is a fool.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
They claim to have once been home to the founder of Texas, Stephen F. Austin. Maybe they should change their nickname to the Longhorns!
Agree on the behavior of the Coginchaug coach. Obviously, he hasn't "been there before", and acted like it. Not so sure on the Durham entitlement comment, though, and believe me I don't like that mentality. Other historic towns have the same kind of ordinances as Durham, whether for historic preservation and/or tourism reasons. Mystic seaport and Nantucket come to mind. BTW, Durham is actually the birthplace Moses Austin, the father of Stephen. Been to the house and driven by it many times on my way back and forth to school in Storrs, and especially paid attention after marrying a native Texan. Stephen was born in Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom