Statefarm Champion's Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Statefarm Champion's Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In one other game, Florida St goes down to Northeastern. OUCH!

Reaction Score
The one thing I notice about Michigan State is that they can't protect the rim at all. Duke's guards were able to drive to the rim undeterred whenever they wanted. They didn't record a single block all game, and when that happens, your opponent ends up shooting 54% from the floor to go along with 26 free throw attempts. They difference in the UConn/Duke game may be whether Brimah can stay on the floor (based on what we've seen, those odds probably aren't in our favor at the moment).
Amazing how Izzo corrects the early season flaws come March. The team looked overmatched and like you say can't defend the rim. However if there is one thing Izzo is great at is producing a much better squad late in the season. Not too many coaches can match that, including K, Creen, Self etc.. I want to put cal in that category but last season would prove me wrong.

As for dook they are the real 'December' deal. I would prefer to play them this year in February.

Reaction Score
However if there is one thing Izzo is great at is producing a much better squad late in the season. . . . . I want to put cal in that category but last season would prove me wrong.

Last year Izzo took a team that was ranked #2 in the pre-season and lost in the Elite Eight. Kentucky lost in the national championship. I don't think last year proves your point.

Reaction Score
As for dook they are the real 'December' deal. I would prefer to play them this year in February.

Most years I'd agree, this Duke team is absurdly talented and only going to get better as the season progresses (UConn's in the same boat, so we'll call it a wash).

Reaction Score
It's early, but Duke looks like they're going to be near 2011 Ohio State in terms of offensive efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom