State of the Sun 2 Games In | The Boneyard

State of the Sun 2 Games In

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
My Sun is not looking very good, other than AT and DB who are doing all they can. The starting backcourt is shooting <20% on the season. Bri Jones is OK... no better or worse than expected. KML off the bench is a liability on D and shooting 20% from the field (11% from 3).

Rookies Kaila Charles and Bea Mompremier are struggling to adapt and Coach Miller (like Geno) has a very quick hook and a deep, dark doghouse. It's disappointing that Plaisance has zero minutes, I can only guess her chronic back is still a problem.(?)

Minor rays of hope are Hiedeman and Gemelos off the bench. Hiedeman has a ways to go to catch up post-COVID, but the potential to contribute is there. Jacki was a huge spark last night and ignited a last-gasp run that brought the Sun very close late in the 4th. If she can shoot well and play some D, could she be a better option off the bench than KML?

Even if January shows up now, how much can she really be expected to contribute? She's a workout machine, so she'll likely be fit but not in game shape. She'll be coming into a new system with new teammates (except DB) mid-season. The game schedule and Wubble gym arrangements provide little time for practice. I'm not expecting much from her.

Next up is LA. The worst possible opponent to have after an 0-2 start. LA should come out like crazed dogs to pay the Sun back for the butt-kicking they took in the playoffs. To make matters worse, LA got spanked by the Sky last night. If the Sun guards and KML can't reverse their stats, it could get ugly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom