State money inspires UConn president to dream big | The Boneyard

State money inspires UConn president to dream big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Only if the lede writer wrote "State Money Inspires UConn President to dream B1G"!

"We've had close to 5,000 applications for about 450 spots in engineering and this year, because of Next Generation Connecticut, we were able to accept 200 more students in engineering and approximately 200 more students in biology and the other physical sciences," Choi said."

I think it's awesome that there is such a focus on the hard sciences. Of course the big negative, since this is the boneyard, parties will be a bit more tame.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Only if the lede writer wrote "State Money Inspires UConn President to dream B1G"!

"We've had close to 5,000 applications for about 450 spots in engineering and this year, because of Next Generation Connecticut, we were able to accept 200 more students in engineering and approximately 200 more students in biology and the other physical sciences," Choi said."

I think it's awesome that there is such a focus on the hard sciences. Of course the big negative, since this is the boneyard, parties will be a bit more tame.
As a biologist who collaborates with people in the engineering/physics disciplines, this is great. And bio and engineering people know how to party... it's the chemists who are really socially challenged!

I just wish my CV was a bit more up to snuff, then I might consider a career in academia and try to land a job at my alma mater.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This speaks volumes...B1G volumes...

"I want to make this an even better, more productive and more prominent research university," she said. "… We want to solve big social problems, whether it's the environment or energy or poverty. We want to be a leader in research. That's our job. We're the only flagship university in Connecticut. We're the only public research university. We want to cure cancer at our Health Center in Farmington. We want to do all of the most important things that a research university does for humankind."

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

"I want to make this an even better, more productive and more prominent research university," she said. "… We want to solve big social problems, whether it's the environment or energy or poverty. We want to be a leader in research. That's our job. We're the only flagship university in Connecticut. We're the only public research university. We want to cure cancer at our Health Center in Farmington. We want to do all of the most important things that a research university does for humankind."

If that's not a message targeted at 14 university presidents, then I don't what one would look like.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

I can dig it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As a biologist who collaborates with people in the engineering/physics disciplines, this is great. And bio and engineering people know how to party... it's the chemists who are really socially challenged!
My buddy works at Novartis - I can concur on the partying front. They're not your "let's get sloshed" crowd, but lots of singles/young adults with disposable income who never tun down happy hour.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

I just wish my CV was a bit more up to snuff, then I might consider a career in academia and try to land a job at my alma mater.
hey i'm a chemist and i know how to party down

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
hey i'm a chemist and i know how to party down

Fellow chemist. Fellow party-downer. Or down-partier. Remind me to tell you all the one about the two sodium atoms walking down the street... :confused:

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Fellow chemist. Fellow party-downer. Or down-partier. Remind me to tell you all the one about the two sodium atoms walking down the street... :confused:
Did they bump into each other and say no HOMO?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Did they bump into each other and say no HOMO?

Good guess, but no.

Okay, I'll tell the lamest joke in all of history. Two sodium atoms are walking down the street:

First Sodium Atom: "Hey, I think I lost an electron!"
Second Sodium Atom: "Are you sure?"
First Sodium Atom: "Yeah....I'm positive..."

Thanks, folks. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip the waitresses...

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Good guess, but no.

Okay, I'll tell the lamest joke in all of history. Two sodium atoms are walking down the street:

First Sodium Atom: "Hey, I think I lost an electron!"
Second Sodium Atom: "Are you sure?"
First Sodium Atom: "Yeah....I'm positive..."

Thanks, folks. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip the waitresses...

I've got an even lamer one.
A gold atom walks into a bar. Bartender looks up and says "Au, get outta here!"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
An internet poster walks into a thread and decides to kill everyone involved in it....

Reaction Score
Oh baby, this thread makes me so happy I flunked out as a Chem major as a Zip way back when. Marketing degree, now in sales, just reeks of party on, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom