State ethics board votes to appeal court ruling in UConn football coach Edsall's case | Page 2 | The Boneyard

State ethics board votes to appeal court ruling in UConn football coach Edsall's case

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why? I don't get it!! John Silver had it right in his newsletter. There is not one single aggrieved party. College football jobs are not posted to attract resumes. They find the guy they like and...(nevermind. You all know the process.).

LaMont is only Governor-elect. It is on Malloy to step in, but he doesn't give a flying squirrel and hasn't since he decided not to run. It's not his money and has never been.

Reaction Score
This board is a remnant of the Watergate era. I imagine it has been modified a few times since its creation and if I recall Honest Johnny Rowland tried to eliminate it. Malloy did too I think but these types of things are often difficult to get rid of mostly due to the concept not the practice. Nobody wants to be against ethics in government at least publicly. Such organizations often have little to actually DO so they are looking for a “cause” of some sort. Tell the truth now. Before this case how many people actually knew therebeven was an ethics board? I’ve actually been appointed to a couple of these “dinosaur” boards over the years and we typically met the minimum # of times required usually quarterly drank coffee, had a donut and approved whatever the staff put in front of us.

Reaction Score
This board is a remnant of the Watergate era. I imagine it has been modified a few times since its creation and if I recall Honest Johnny Rowland tried to eliminate it. Malloy did too I think but these types of things are often difficult to get rid of mostly due to the concept not the practice. Nobody wants to be against ethics in government at least publicly. Such organizations often have little to actually DO so they are looking for a “cause” of some sort. Tell the truth now. Before this case how many people actually knew therebeven was an ethics board? I’ve actually been appointed to a couple of these “dinosaur” boards over the years and we typically met the minimum # of times required usually quarterly drank coffee, had a donut and approved whatever the staff put in front of us.
Agree with these observations but these kinds of boards are usually beholden( in the pocket) of those who appointed them. In this case, I’m assuming Malloy. Does anyone know for sure. If Malloy, does this have anything with his campaign to be the next Prez of UCONN?

Reaction Score
Agree with these observations but these kinds of boards are usually beholden( in the pocket) of those who appointed them. In this case, I’m assuming Malloy. Does anyone know for sure.

These are the current members of the Citizen's Ethics Advisory Board and who appointed them. There is also an Office of State Ethics w/ paid staff who deal with a wide variety of Ethics issues and training as well as monitoring and regulating all registered lobbyist.

Dena Castricone of New Haven – Chair
Appointed by Governor Dannel P. Malloy for a four year term expiring on September 30, 2018
Kevin P. Johnston of Pomfret Center – Vice Chair
Appointed by Senate President Pro Tempore Martin Looney for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2022

MEMBERS

Mary Bigelow of Northford - Appointed by Senate Majority Leader Martin Looney for a four year term expiring on September 30, 2021
Charles F. Chiusano of Fairfield - Appointed by Senate Minority Leader Len Fasano for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2021
Jason K. Farrell of West Hartford - Appointed by Governor Dannel P. Malloy for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2020
Cheryl Lipson of Woodbridge - Appointed by House Republican Leader Themis Klarides for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2019
Beth Cook of West Hartford - Appointed by Governor Dannel P. Malloy for a four year term expiring on September 30, 2020
Richard D. Lang of South Glastonbury - Appointed by Speaker of the House Brendan Sharkey for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2019
Nichelle Mullins of Cromwell - Appointed by House Majority Matthew Ritter for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2019

There can be no more than five members members of the same political party. They are only paid $200 per diem (point being not salary) for meetings and other official functions.

I believe there is one opening on the board... if interested Ethics: Employment Opportunities;)

Reaction Score
Nah. They usually are not beholden to anyone because nobody really gives them much thought. Malloy would be the first politician to end up president of a state university but I’d be pretty surprised if he got the job

Reaction Score
These are the current members of the Citizen's Ethics Advisory Board and who appointed them. There is also an Office of State Ethics w/ paid staff who deal with a wide variety of Ethics issues and training as well as monitoring and regulating all registered lobbyist.

Appointed by Governor Dannel P. Malloy for a four year term expiring on September 30, 2018
Appointed by Senate President Pro Tempore Martin Looney for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2022

MEMBERS

Mary Bigelow of Northford - Appointed by Senate Majority Leader Martin Looney for a four year term expiring on September 30, 2021
Charles F. Chiusano of Fairfield - Appointed by Senate Minority Leader Len Fasano for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2021
Jason K. Farrell of West Hartford - Appointed by Governor Dannel P. Malloy for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2020
Cheryl Lipson of Woodbridge - Appointed by House Republican Leader Themis Klarides for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2019
Beth Cook of West Hartford - Appointed by Governor Dannel P. Malloy for a four year term expiring on September 30, 2020
Richard D. Lang of South Glastonbury - Appointed by Speaker of the House Brendan Sharkey for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2019
Nichelle Mullins of Cromwell - Appointed by House Majority Matthew Ritter for a four-year term expiring on September 30, 2019

There can be no more than five members members of the same political party. They are only paid $200 per diem (point being not salary) for meetings and other official functions.

I believe there is one opening on the board... if interested Ethics: Employment Opportunities;)
$200/meeting? No wonder they need to have so many.

Reaction Score
Goo-Goos all. WeHa, not Glastonbury but SOUTHGlastonbury. Probably far prefer soccer to football, though call it football. And they would all probably be in shock if someone appointed a member from Bridgeport or Hartford.

Reaction Score
Nah. They usually are not beholden to anyone because nobody really gives them much thought. Malloy would be the first politician to end up president of a state university but I’d be pretty surprised if he got the job

Sorry to disagree, but when someone is appointed by a politician, one is beholden to that politician. Unfortunately that’s the way politics works. The politician doesn’t know the person unless that person has done something for the politician.

Reaction Score

MEMBERS

Members of corporate boards of directors attend numerous conferences on ethics . I’d be curious about what training these political appointees get in ethics.

Reaction Score
Malloy would definitely NOT be the first politician to be appointed university president. Donna Shayla , recently, the failed prez of the University of Miami is a most recent example .

Reaction Score
no chance Ned gives that role to Dannel

Reaction Score
The ethics board uses the executive session to discuss and debate the matter privately with the knowledge that anything discussed in that meeting can never be made public without somebody violating the law.

Government transparency at its best.

Hypocrites. Debate the matter publicly and show taxpayers what good reason you have for continuing to fight this ridiculous case.

Reaction Score
I’m starting to think this is an intentional effort to get edsall to leave on his own. It’s a complete dumpster fire so why not try to get him to leave on his own by making life more difficult.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom