Stat question | The Boneyard

Stat question

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
North Carolina, ranked number one and Duke, ranked number eight, each lost two games on Friday and Sunday.

How often has there been a two day stretch where to top 10 teams lost four games?

(I'm taking it as a certainty that North Carolina and Duke have never done this before.)

Reaction Score
North Carolina, ranked number one and Duke, ranked number eight, each lost two games on Friday and Sunday.

How often has there been a two day stretch where to top 10 teams lost four games?

(I'm taking it as a certainty that North Carolina and Duke have never done this before.)
You'd have to ask Seth that ACC question.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Doesn’t answer your question but Duke will move up 5 spots with their loss.

Reaction Score
I don’t have the answer but this situation is a bit embarrassing - not for Duke or NC but the pollsters who rated them so high and left UConn unranked to start the season. They might want to do a bit more research on teams before anointing teams to top 10 based on the conference to which they belong - just sayin’

Reaction Score
Doesn’t answer your question but Duke will move up 5 spots with their loss.
ESPN announcers were falling all over themselves explaining why Duke‘s losses are meaningless now. Unbelievable. They’re just kids learning their way around campus, shining up their McD trophies….

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Sorry to burst your bubble but Duke won on Friday.

Reaction Score
I don’t have the answer but this situation is a bit embarrassing - not for Duke or NC but the pollsters who rated them so high and left UConn unranked to start the season. They might want to do a bit more research on teams before anointing teams to top 10 based on the conference to which they belong - just sayin’
Wait. So your theory is that people should rank teams coming in to the season based on what they are actually going to accomplish when the season plays out? Man, you must make tons of money betting sports.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yikes, how did I miss that. Sorry.

Reaction Score
I thought it might have been DeAndre Ayton's Arizona - who I remembered getting swept at the 2017 Battle 4 Atlantis as the top team in the field - but they were only #2 that year.

UNC was pretty obviously not the #1 team in the country this year. Wish we had gotten the chance to play them in the championship!

Reaction Score
Was looking at the Perdue - Duke recap, and Duke went scoreless for the final 7 minutes. Hate to see it.

Reaction Score
Was looking at the Perdue - Duke recap, and Duke went scoreless for the final 7 minutes. Hate to see it.
Would love to play Purdue in the tourney and see how DC would play against Eddy.

Reaction Score
I had the Boilermakers +1.5. I loving betting early season bb.

Reaction Score
Wait. So your theory is that people should rank teams coming in to the season based on what they are actually going to accomplish when the season plays out? Man, you must make tons of money betting sports.

I know facts are important in your business so is is fair to say that a team that was ranked #1 by “experts” should go on a 2 game losing streak :)

Yes, in the beginning of the season so there should be a bit more analysis and perhaps a closer watching of the games early on by those voting in polls.

Duke, NC? I don’t blame them for losing - they weren’t top 10 material to begin with.

Reaction Score
I blame the voters for putting both Duke and Nova too high. They both lost elite level coaches. Some drop off was to be expected. Instead they vote them into the stratosphere. And that puts the new coach and his players in a position to fail, which, of course, both did.

Reaction Score
I had the Boilermakers +1.5. I loving betting early season bb.
Yeah was kinda strange that Purdue line was so low and Bama was favored over unc. Both covered tho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom