Stat of the Game 21 Assists on 23 Made Baskets | The Boneyard

Stat of the Game 21 Assists on 23 Made Baskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I was also surprised to see UConn outrebounded Kentucky by 16 (37 - 21)

Foul difference was only 3 22 for Ky 19 for UConn UConn out scored Ky by 9 at the Free Throw line.

Team got to bonus early in the 2nd half, made free throws at the same time KY started missing shots.

Great Game by a Tough Opponent.

Great game by Kastine Evans UConn Resident and Samarie Walker.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
That assist pass (about 90 feet?) from Tiffany (out of bounds at the end line) to Kelly to end the first half deserves an asterisk. Might have been the "Shot that won the game," as featured on our CPTV broadcasts.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm sure the Huskies had a ton of assists, but I don't believe that there were only 2 unassisted buckets.

In the brief ESPN highlight reel alone, when focusing on Tiff they showed two baskets of hers that were clearly unassisted: the pretty little dribble-in and pull-up from the right side in the 2nd half, and a difficult drive and layup from the left, also in the 2nd half.

Every other basket would have to have been assisted, which seems unlikely.

Assists or no assists, Final Four, here we come !!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think the one on the left side was counted as an assist from Caroline, I think.

Reaction Score
And Geno was NOT impressed. Said post-game that the stat just shows that "no one on this team can take anyone off the dribble. They have to rely on passing".

That's our coach . . . never happy and always pushing!:)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think the one on the left side was counted as an assist from Caroline, I think.

I just watched the short game highlight vid on ESPN.com, and they showed the layup where Caroline assisted. I am thinking of a different play where it was a dribble drive by Tiff through traffic with a difficult finish. I may have to re-watch the 2nd half on replay, not that I wouldn't enjoy that!! ;)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
That assist pass (about 90 feet?) from Tiffany (out of bounds at the end line) to Kelly to end the first half deserves an asterisk. Might have been the "Shot that won the game," as featured on our CPTV broadcasts.

I think that it was the turning point of the game, the famed dagger as it were.
Samarie is a beast. There's a great future for her

Reaction Score
That would have my choice, Kib.

Ice I was checking the box score on Yahoo and it said no technical fouls was I dreaming thought a T was accessed to the Kentucky coach late 2nd half?

Reaction Score
And Geno was NOT impressed. Said post-game that the stat just shows that "no one on this team can take anyone off the dribble. They have to rely on passing".

That's our coach . . . never happy and always pushing!:)
He always finds something to work on. That's what separates him from the crowd.

Reaction Score
Ice I was checking the box score on Yahoo and it said no technical fouls was I dreaming thought a T was accessed to the Kentucky coach late 2nd half?
Not Ice but yes, UK's coach picked up a T in the 2nd half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought Tiff took her defender off the dribble several times.

Wait for MoJeff!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
In the post game presser Geno was asked about that stat and actually said something along the lines of "That's not always a good thing..." and then explained that none of his guys could beat their guys off the dribble. Probably tongue in cheek, thought it was funny!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The FT shooting for both teams was outstanding. With its 85.7% last night, the team is now close to all-time best UConn season average with a 76.1% on the year.

One stat that did not play out as expected is the UK only had 10 TOs (it was averaging 19), and though UConn turned the ball over 16 times, that was under UKs season forced TO average.

Reaction Score
I rewatched later last night with exactly that in mind, and I agree with the stat sheet. There was one drive by Tiff that was unassisted, and one play where Bria went coast to coast. Everything else very legit assists.

Reaction Score
I expecting tight end Faris to go high in the NFL draft.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Seriously. That was a great catch. Tiff in the post game said she looked like a running back, but I think she had her positions mixed up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom