Starting lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Starting lineup

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Well, looks like Hawkins will get a delayed start, just like Bouk. We'll hope the comparison continues. If this means Corey Floyd gets a look-see, it's not a total downer.
I think I'd rather see Corey redshirt. But if the staff thinks he's played his way onto the floor with this much depth already, I guess that's not a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Really wanted to get Hawkins as much time and ready for Atlantis. Hope he is back soon.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any actual information on Hawkins status of injury and timeline of recovery? All I’m seeing is bits and pieces of information- but nothing concrete. How serious is the injury??

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any actual information on Hawkins status of injury and timeline of recovery? All I’m seeing is bits and pieces of information- but nothing concrete. How serious is the injury??
I would assume if anyone on here knew anything about the injury to Hawkins they would have posted it even before someone noticed in that picture that he was in a boot. Nothing gets by the hundreds of reporters we have on here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would assume if anyone on here knew anything about the injury to Hawkins they would have posted it even before someone noticed in that picture that he was in a boot. Nothing gets by the hundreds of reporters we have on here.

What's the odds on a local reporter getting the scoop before a national reporter? I should be kidding but it's probably closer to a push than it should be.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What's the odds on a local reporter getting the scoop before a national reporter? I should be kidding but it's probably closer to a push than it should be.
Greenberg posted the pic and spent the day with them. I would assume he knows the scoop.

Reaction Score
So many tasty nuggets in that pic.

Cole, Martin, Polley, Whaley, wearing blue? Who is the fifth player in blue? Diarra wearing blue and may practice but obviously not playing.

With offset lines and people all over the place.............Whaley looks about 6'7", Martin looks swoll, Akok looks taller than Johnson, Cole looks 2" shorter than any other scholarship player,
i hope you dont buy a house based on the zillow photos

Reaction Score
Polley looks like the tallest guy on the team.

He is. Might've even been taller than Carlton. He's a true 6'9--Sanogo and Whaley are more like 6'8.

Reaction Score
I think it will be cole, Jackson, martin, Whaley, Sanogo. Poor shooting, poor spacing you may say. But hurley hasn’t been afraid of those type of lineups before. I would personally swap Polley with Martin. I think Jackson was starting before the Hawkins injury anyway.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think it will be cole, Jackson, martin, Whaley, Sanogo. Poor shooting, poor spacing you may say. But hurley hasn’t been afraid of those type of lineups before. I would personally swap Polley with Martin. I think Jackson was starting before the Hawkins injury anyway.
No way would I want to see Polley start over Martin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I think we see Cole, Martin, Polley/Gaff, Whaley and Sanogo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I gotta think Gaff gets the start with Hawkins out. Need another solid ball handler.

Seems obvious to me, but let's see what Dan does. It could be Jackson give his reportedly improved handle.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Seems obvious to me, but let's see what Dan does. It could be Jackson give his reportedly improved handle.
I need to see that handle to believe it. With AJax I think it's more an issue of calibration than anything else. Seems like he's always waiting to explode and jump out of the gym at any moment, and with our historic preference for essentially two point guards I think that the players anchoring those positions need to be more of a calming and steadying presence. I could be wrong, but I just don't see that in his nature.

Reaction Score
1636469330849.png

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
If Jackson is starting that means he can shoot and is going to be one of the best players in the country. He is the most important X factor on this team.
If DH thinks this team has a chance to go beyond the second weekend, that is based on a high performing AJax. He needs to find out early so he will start him game 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom