Starting lineup tonite???? | The Boneyard

Starting lineup tonite????

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Gabby still hurt and possible for tonite, I think Crystal and Z start. No sense taking a chance with Gabby and Camara is out. Im thinking maybe Gabby gets a few minutes if the doctor says its ok. No need to take chances in the preseason. JMO folks. BTW UConn by 20+

Hey this years UConn WCBB team is much better then last years team and while many opponents have lost key players UConn has their nucleus back with more key players. This is gonna be a very powerful team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With Gabby still hurt and possible for tonite, I think Crystal and Z start. No sense taking a chance with Gabby and Camara is out. Im thinking maybe Gabby gets a few minutes if the doctor says its ok. No need to take chances in the preseason. JMO folks. BTW UConn by 20+
Hey this years UConn WCBB team is much better then last years team and while many opponents have lost key players UConn has their nucleus back with more key players. This is gonna be a very powerful team.
Just posted the same thing in a different thread.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Gabby wasn't hurt; she was ill, right? That's not just semantics when it comes to an athlete.

HGN

Reaction Score
Let's just hope Williams remembers her sneaks tonight. :rolleyes:
Meyers, you know , I thought folks had forgotten how often she would forget a very essential part of her basketball gear.
But you remembered. :)

But she has seemingly remembered them over the last few years...........To the detriment of many opponents.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gabby wasn't hurt; she was ill, right? That's not just semantics when it comes to an athlete.
What ever migraines causes you to be that what Gabby WAS. When I get migraines my head hurts, so you tell me if I'm injured or if I'm ill ?

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Gabby is OK to play, she will start along with Lou, Pheesa, Kia and likely Danger over Z. Geno has been praising Danger’s effort and all around play while challenging Z to be a more complete player. No better way to reinforce that message than by starting Danger over Z.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
What ever migraines causes you to be that what Gabby WAS. When I get migraines my head hurts, so you tell me if I'm injured or if I'm ill ?
I think you're ill ("sick, unwell") rather than injured ("damaged, harmed") if you're suffering from migraines but I feel a bit queasy myself writing about a condition that, as you point out, Gabby no longer has. Hopefully, all UConn players will avoid being injured or ill this season.

Reaction Score
Let's just hope Williams remembers her sneaks tonight. :rolleyes:

My daughter forgot her sneakers. We were on our way to New York for an AAU tournamnet. She asked if I put them in the car. I lloked at her and said that was not my responsibility. I'm not the one playing. Needless to say , she got a new pair of sneakers out of it.

Another time, she only brought 1 sneaker. Had to borrow another girls to play.........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
All shall be revealed in just a little under three hours. Then we can debate the starting lineup for the "real" game against Stanford.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
RE: Gabby being hurt is a reference to her migraines? This could be a problem for her beyond college. My wife suffered with migraines for years. I truly hope this is not the case for Gabby. No one, not even the Cleveland Clinic had any answers for my wife. With age they began to diminish.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Meyers, you know , I thought folks had forgotten how often she would forget a very essential part of her basketball gear.
But you remembered. :)

But she has seemingly remembered them over the last few years......To the detriment of many opponents.

She and Collier have this in common. At least once her parents had to get them and once I think they had to buy a pair to replace her forgotten shoes while in high school.

Reaction Score
The question is which line-up works the best for UConn: a line-up with Azura? A line-up with Crystal? A line-up with Gabby? The best line-up will leave out one of them. Coach Geno will come up with a line-up that is the go-to configuration for the team, the configuration that he has out there when the game is on the line against a top 10 team.

The dirty little secret is that one of them will be the odd-man-out.

Reaction Score
If Gabby is OK to play, she will start along with Lou, Pheesa, Kia and likely Danger over Z. Geno has been praising Danger’s effort and all around play while challenging Z to be a more complete player. No better way to reinforce that message than by starting Danger over Z.

Z needs all the time to develop chemistry with the starters that she can get. Don't know who will start, but it's essential that Stevens gets lots of work tonight and on the 5th. If I were Geno, I'd start Z. I don't believe this is the time of the year to award good practices with starts. Of course, Crystal could also start, especially if Gabby sits.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't believe this is the time of the year to award good practices with starts.
If not tonight, when would you award good practices with a start? Keep in mind that Geno has not just been praising Danger’s effort, but also her level of play, particularly the way she is setting up her teammates.

Reaction Score
Z needs all the time to develop chemistry with the starters that she can get.

That's not how Geno operates. If there's chemistry that needs to be developed, it should happen in practice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
RE: Gabby being hurt is a reference to her migraines? This could be a problem for her beyond college. My wife suffered with migraines for years. I truly hope this is not the case for Gabby. No one, not even the Cleveland Clinic had any answers for my wife. With age they began to diminish.
This was discussed a few days ago. I had the same concern. As it turned out, she had headaches from getting hit, but passed the concussion protocol. It seemed like a one-time thing.

Reaction Score

\\\

If Gabby's Migraines are like mine; as intense as they may have been I could dig into WORK (Gabby Game) and get by the pain. Weekends killed me I lied (sp) down with my head covered until Monday Am. She may show up and use mind over matter (and the game is what matters).4

I'm thinking Geno will go (to start) with his season starting 5, unless others prove more capable, to get ready for Stanford. Practices has shown him who can do what and who is or is not ready for prime time. My (poor) guess is : Gabby, Azura, Napheesa, Kia, KLS--you can put then in any position you want but I see Kia/KLS guards, wings Gabby/Napheesa --post/wing Ms Stevens. (I wouldn't waste a dime on this bet)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The question is which line-up works the best for UConn: a line-up with Azura? A line-up with Crystal? A line-up with Gabby? The best line-up will leave out one of them. Coach Geno will come up with a line-up that is the go-to configuration for the team, the configuration that he has out there when the game is on the line against a top 10 team.
The dirty little secret is that one of them will be the odd-man-out.
There is nothing dirty about it since each player will have been given a fair opportunity to start.

Reaction Score
\\\

If Gabby's Migraines are like mine; as intense as they may have been I could dig into WORK (Gabby Game) and get by the pain. Weekends killed me I lied (sp) down with my head covered until Monday Am. She may show up and use mind over matter (and the game is what matters).4

I'm thinking Geno will go (to start) with his season starting 5, unless others prove more capable, to get ready for Stanford. Practices has shown him who can do what and who is or is not ready for prime time. My (poor) guess is : Gabby, Azura, Napheesa, Kia, KLS--you can put then in any position you want but I see Kia/KLS guards, wings Gabby/Napheesa --post/wing Ms Stevens. (I wouldn't waste a dime on this bet)
I can’t even talk when I have bad headaches...can’t lie down, have to keep staggering around the house. Brutal!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom