Starting Lineup Redux | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup Redux

Reaction Score
I have a locked expectation that there will be 6 players that can be relied upon (Liv, Aubrey, Evina, CWill, Anna and Paige). I have a pretty good expectation that Edwards will be in the main rotation in big games too. So that is potentially 7 but I have more caution with her than the other 6. That's my expectation. The remaining 3 a bonus - I think Mir, Nika, and Piath are situational players in big games. In big games they may get a DNP or could contribute big time depending on the situation. If they're better while UCONN is a beast -- then I’m thrilled - then it means they have exceeded my expectations. .

I expect the team to try to win big games vs the elite by "holding the fort" in the frontcourt and "winning the game through the pg and wings." I'm not only talking about offense from the pg and wings - but defense as well. For example, if they are pressing in the big games and it's successful it means the perimeter defense is probably outstanding.

Further, I'm pretty damn giddy about the ceiling of Liv, Evina, CWill, Anna and Paige. IMO we have up to 5 players that can be at least be Honorable Mention A/A. Not saying all 5 will achieve that in 1 year-- just saying we have legit opportunities for five players which I think is pretty damn impressive.

As for Geno-- he cracks me up. Can never take what he says literally. Paige averaging 30 points? Seriously? But I realize what he meant. You can’t lock her in to be a freshman scoring machine.
Just gave me an idea for a new thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom