Starting Lineup Change? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup Change?

Reaction Score
Roscoe was much stronger and much more athletic than Polley. There is no comparison between their talent levels.

Who's a better size comparison, Deandre? But Deandre could manage 10 rebounds some nights, Polley can't manage 3 at best. I remember Roscoe as not being all that thick? If Roscoe could shoot 3's like Polley (last night aside) he might be in the league right now. Coming out of hs, Roscoe was a shooter, it just never translated. Especially time management with full court shots. But he could sniff out rebounds like a bloodhound, and we loved him for it. It was almost an anomaly, his knack for rebounding. If Polley had 2/10ths that, he'd improve to 2 rebounds a game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Carlton and Polley are major pieces in our future we are royally screwed.

Dan Hurley said one of the reasons he took this job was because of players in the program like Josh Carlton.

Reaction Score
We didn't play a bad game, we played a bad half. Same with the Villanova game. We just don't survive when opponents make second half runs. We don't make successful adjustments. Hurley has to get at least some of the blame.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Best 5
Polley/CV
Cobb
Wilson
Adams
Gilbert

Reaction Score
Seriously? You don't like rebounds either? Maybe if we never missed, you'd be dead on. You wearing the same Hurley goggles?

There was absolutely no reason to leave Polley on the floor the last ten minutes of the game. None. If he's making shots fine, but he missed 5 3's already by then. Bizarro hot hand.

Its really this simple, if you're playing the 4 and you are atrocious at rebounding, you better make shots. If you're not making shots and not rebounding at all with meager at best defense you should be sitting going down the final stretch of a game. Even Ollie could figure that much out.

Polley came out of the game more than once.
So when Polley came out, tell me who came in and did better and deserved to stay out there instead of Polley?
Polley is a 3 playing at the 4 spot. He needs to get better at rebounding if Hurley is going to keep him there.
But for people to say that Polley doesn’t deserve to be one of the 5 starters is a knee jerk reaction to a bad shooting night by the best shooter on the team.

Reaction Score
Who's a better size comparison, Deandre? But Deandre could manage 10 rebounds some nights, Polley can't manage 3 at best.

Deandre was no better than Polley at rebounding, scoring or anything else until the last 10 games of his last year here (I think he was a JR) when something kicked in for him and he became the tremendous force down the stretch we all remember now.
But before that period? 10 boards a game? No. He came in for a lot of fan derision back then. People said he didn’t put in effort, etc. Anyone else recall this?
I’m willing to take a wait and see with Polley; he’s ahead of where DD was in his sophomore year.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Deandre was no better than Polley at rebounding, scoring or anything else until the last 10 games of his last year here (I think he was a JR) when something kicked in for him and he became the tremendous force down the stretch we all remember now.
But before that period? 10 boards a game? No. He came in for a lot of fan derision back then. People said he didn’t put in effort, etc. Anyone else recall this?
I’m willing to take a wait and see with Polley; he’s ahead of where DD was in his sophomore year.
fair point to make in regard to DD, but DD was also way more athletic than Polley and was a more heralded recruit so expectations were higher from the get go. But i agree that he struggled with consistency until the latter part of his junior year en route to the national title.

Reaction Score

Heartily disagree. DD started his sophomore year by getting 12 and 8 and providing a solid inside presence to play a major role in upsetting Michigan State. He averaged 5.5 boards as a soph and 6 as a junior and could actually defend people in the post. He was inconsistent sure, but Polley is not remotely in the orbit of what DD was sophomore year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Polley might be the most overhyped player we’ve had in a while. He really doesn’t do anything productive when he’s out there. He eats minutes, doesn’t play defense, doesn’t rebound, and shoots 3’s. Not someone you want playing 20+ minutes a game.

Reaction Score
Polley might be the most overhyped player we’ve had in a while. He really doesn’t do anything productive when he’s out there. He eats minutes, doesn’t play defense, doesn’t rebound, and shoots 3’s. Not someone you want playing 20+ minutes a game.

Couldn't agree more.

Polley has 11 assists and 31 rebounds in 353 minutes. Tell me why is he playing so much?

Reaction Score
Well now that Yakwe is #done for the year, at least Cobb will be forced to play more minutes, hopefully as a starter. I feel like you have to start Sid then over Polley now as Sid, in theory, is the better defender and can offer some rim protection with his athleticism. Other than that, really need Diarra back now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom