Starting line up - Listen up | The Boneyard

Starting line up - Listen up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Shorty---Thank you for this. I can think of different lineups but this is good. Geno spoke of a very good shooting team.
It's likely he was speaking of another team completely. You know --the Lady Uconn's

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wasn't it Geno who said any starting line up lasts the first game. In other words everything is we'll see.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I disagree with the comment that there will be multiple starting lineups. Geno does that only out of necessity, usually an injury. Otherwise, it’s good to see content on the team during the off-season. I appreciate these guys covering the women’s team with the same regard they give the men’s team.

Reaction Score
I posted earlier on the Boneyard that GENO's first starting five are usually the five players that has started the most games last year and then he makes his changes or adjustments later. The reason is that they had the most playing time together and were more attuned to each other. Then he experiments with different combos to his 3 first picks and gauges who works together the best. I agree with Ryan on his picks of Ozzi,Caroline,Aaliah, Dorka and Nika. If the first game is a runaway, he will play some of the Freshmen in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I believe we have a championship team and they will do what UCONN always does.....WIN.GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I would like to see the above photo with the starting five all with Nika and Azzi's game face.

The smiles are great for DJ, AE and CD, but its time to go. You need to display that kick *** take no prisoner look.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I would like to see the above photo with the starting five all with Nika and Azzi's game face.

The smiles are great for DJ, AE and CD, but its time to go. You need to display that kick *** take no prisoner look.
I'm fine with Caroline smiling. Just like Napheesa, her expression never changes during a game. Let them think she's a nice girl while she's dismantling them.

Reaction Score
Hi Shorty. This has been my starting 5 since Paige went down. There are a lot of combinations Geno could put on the floor for Kutztown, but IMO, and a few oters, THIS one makes the most sense and should prove to be the most potent.
Yeah. I agree. I would start off with that five and see how things go.

Reaction Score
I also agree with @HuskyNan — he’s not gonn change lineups just to mix things up. There will be some tinkering at the beginning, and then he’ll settle into a starting 5 by January that will remain relatively stable through March, assuming injuries don’t force more instability like last year.

Who that stable starting 5 will be in November a lot of us have already weighed in on. But who it will be in January is anyones guess. My guess, barring injury, is that it will be the same.

A second speculation concerns who’ll get what minutes. In the past, the main rotation has settled down into 5 + 2 more or less. I know we all like to fantasize about a deep rotation, and I do this, too. But history points to 5 + 2. My guess is the other two will be Lou and Amari. I wish it could be Aubrey, but I’d need to see her in action in a game or two before I would be comfortable even speculating about how much pt she’ll see. Ayanna and Ines will see some minutes, too. But not as part of the main rotation. I know many of us dream of Ayanna bringing the muscle in March, and she may well do that. But playing the probabilities, I’d go with the sophomore before the freshman at this point in the year. I hope Ayanna proves me wrong.

Reaction Score
No problem with that starting lineup to begin the season. But, if that’s the starting lineup in late March, Geno will be playing golf earlier than usual.

Reaction Score
25 minutes of -- I'm trying to be kind -- boring, repetitive, underwhelming "analysis."

I watched about a half dozen of their videos and while they provide some good information for a casual fan they are mostly repeating ideas I had already seen and read elsewhere. I kept thinking "But I know that, over and over. They also got several non-critical facts wrong. So I stopped watching.

Reactions: PvP

PvP

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more....these guys are worthless at best and annoying with lack of serious analysis. Thankfully we have Dan's "Seeking Perfection" and truly superb emails!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you guys really trashing people that take the time to create a podcast about the women’s team? FREE coverage? :( I hope you aren’t the same people that complain about a lack of articles on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom