2 Iyanna Moore (soph)
3 Ryanne Allen (freshman)
4 Kaylon Smith (senior)
5 Sacha Washington (soph)

Reaction Score
Balogun is still playing?!
its-been84years-titanic.gif

Reaction Score
Who do you think the starts for your team?
I'll start. For Tennessee there are a lot of options. I will say these five.
1 Powell
2 Horston
3 Suarez
4 Jackson
5 Key.
PG Walker
SG Horston
W Jackson
PF Franklin (if healthy)
C Key

I wouldn't start Walker (personally speaking), but have a hard time imagining a 5th year senior and starting PG the last 2 seasons NOT starting.

Franklin or Puckett IMO would start ahead of Suarez. She hasn't played in ages.

Reaction Score
Well, we all agree on 4 slots with PG being the only question.

IMHO, Fletcher will start in the early season. Her experience (though in a different system) will provide a more calming influence. Plus, Raven may not be in great playing shape early in the season after her knee surgery. Raven may take over the starting role later in the season.

Also, we heard a lot last year about the excellent chemistry between Raven and Kamilla. I could see them being paired on the court together a lot (early) as the first players off the bench to rest Boston and Fletcher for significant minutes.

I agree with this - Raven really didn't get much playing experience last season due to her injury, and I expect the early-season non-conference schedule to be just as tough as last season's was. Plus Raven is still finding her way back athletically from the injury - I am thinking of a scenario similar to Coates' freshman and sophomore seasons, and Wilson's freshman season, where both came off the bench after the 1st and 3rd Periods, played half the game (20.0 mpg ~), and ended up being two of the better players for the team.

I see Fletcher starting early in the season with her substantial experience, and Raven coming in and playing around 20 mpg depending on well her game catches up. Raven is still the heir apparent - she's a red-shirt freshman, so it's not any different than she was expected to contribute last season behind Henderson before her injury - and this will be Fletcher's 5th and final season of playing eligibility, I believe. So it's sort of a reboot of what last season was supposed to be for Raven, only then with Henderson mentoring her......

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
PG Walker
SG Horston
W Jackson
PF Franklin (if healthy)
C Key

I wouldn't start Walker (personally speaking), but have a hard time imagining a 5th year senior and starting PG the last 2 seasons NOT starting.

Franklin or Puckett IMO would start ahead of Suarez. She hasn't played in ages.
Powell is a true pg. That's why I had her starting. Suarez has only missed one year. She played two years ago. Her foot is fully healed.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This is a bizarre thread, because there's no way to have continuity when everyone is just talking about their own teams and it's sort of like standing in the middle of a cocktail party and trying to follow all the conversations at once. But ok...

Reaction Score
Maryland

PG: Elisa Pinzan
SG: Lavender Briggs (2 or the 3)
SF: Abby Meyers (same as Briggs)
PF: Diamond Miller
C: Allie Kubek

I think Miller will be back in time for the season opener seeing as though she’s projected to be out 3-6 months (as of April). 6 months being the max time would put her at October, but I believe she’ll be closer to the 4-5 month range.

MD will play a more up-tempo 4 out offense next season & I think Miller can exploit the “PF” matchups with her quickness & athleticism. The main concern will be rebounding but at 6’3 she certainly has the height to compete.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom