Starters Vs. Aic | The Boneyard

Starters Vs. Aic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Napier, Lamb, Daniels, Olander, Oriakhi.

Calhoun's said his five starters will be Shabazz Napier, Jeremy Lamb, Alex Oriakhi, DeAndre Daniels and Tyler Olander. The coach says he really wants to see what Daniels can do, and had high praise for Olander.

Andre Drummond may play after all. He has not been practicing since the broken nose/concussion last Friday, because he hasn't been fitted with the protective mask for his nose. The concussion, apparently, is no longer an issue. Drummond will get the mask Wednesday at noon and, after a shoot-around at 2:30, it will be decided if he can play a little against AIC.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...or-first-game-action-20111101,0,1927850.story

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no scoe hugh? like always JC starts games with 2 bigs. i say 5 mins into aic game JC takes 1 big out and puts scoe at the 4.

Reaction Score
no scoe hugh?
Kinda surprised me as well, seeing as he started every game from the Big East tourney onward IIRC. I'm guessing Calhoun will be constantly tweaking the starting lineups in the early games to see which is the best combination. Nothing is ever set in stone.

Reaction Score
Extra motivation for Roscoe

Exactly, Classic Calhoun. Maybe Daniels is the better choice, but this will make Roscoe work harder and give Deandre some confidence. Same thing with Boatright playing with the first team in practice, Calhoun trying to give the younger guys confidence and make the veterans work harder.

Reaction Score
I dk I think Daniels has tons of potential and is more of a three than Roscoe. I think Roscoe is best at the PF although he can defend both spots well. His handle is shaky. I think we need another offensive threat outside of Jeremy and Daniels could be that.

Reaction Score
But man it was a thing of beauty when Roscoe was "on" shooting the ball from deep. Hope it finally settles down on the good side of his streaky shooting!

Reaction Score
I still have a feeling roscoe will be starting come regular season

Reaction Score
Daniels' offense may be needed more with #15 gone. That's my guess.

Reaction Score
I still have a feeling roscoe will be starting come regular season
Yeah, he earned it and Calhoun will start him at least initially in the season.

Reaction Score
I dk I think Daniels has tons of potential and is more of a three than Roscoe. I think Roscoe is best at the PF although he can defend both spots well. His handle is shaky. I think we need another offensive threat outside of Jeremy and Daniels could be that.

I agree. We need a small forward that is a scoring threat. Roscoe does not seem like one. Yes he is a good spot up shooter, but we need more than that from the position.

Reaction Score
We have all season to see who the best five players are and which combinations work better than others.

But to start on a national championship game and not be given the honor of starting the first exhibition game and making someone take your job in real games -- I must say, that would tick me off if I was the player. Roscoe has proven he can help a team win a championship. It's hard to see what anyone can accomplish in practices alone that would merit taking his starting spot away.

Reaction Score
RS was our best defender on the team last year. He always had to cover the other teams star player. I think this is classic JC trying to pump up DD before the season starts and light a fire under RS's butt.

However if DD is shooting 48% from 3 and he can maintain that during games- it is going to be nearly impossible to keep him off the floor. These are the types of "problems" I like having as a UCONN fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom