Start Omar over Purvis | The Boneyard

Start Omar over Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
the hot hand has been riding pine for weeks...You dont just throw him into the starting line up... You gradually increase his minutes

Reaction Score
on board with Calhoun, he looks good right now

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How many times per game does Purvis get hung in the air when shooting and have to give it up?

Reaction Score
Well, Purv played great in the second have hitting those 3 threes to get us back in the game and Omar was great most of the game too

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Doesn't mater who starts... it matters who gets minutes.

Calhoun needs more minutes after playing well of late, but not at the expense of Purvis. Purvis hit some key 3's in the second half after a lack-luster first half. Cassell should see his minutes decrease.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
his handle is tighter, he's more confident, he's rebounding, and he's hitting his shots... love it... wouldn't mind him being that guy coming off the bench giving a spark to the team

Reaction Score
his handle is tighter, he's more confident, he's rebounding, and he's hitting his shots... love it... wouldn't mind him being that guy coming off the bench giving a spark to the team
Wholeheartedly agree. Really was a great catalyst today bringing energy in that position off the bench. Glad to see him functioning at a high level after only a few games. Huge win.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Boneyarders will be too quick to jump on Purvis but the bright side of it is that we have Omar stepping up which brings many to the automatic trigger to throw him in... Liked what I saw today just would like to see omar dham purvis get some set plays to score and open the floor so boatright can go to work

Reaction Score
Don't really care about a lineup change but its clear he needs to get his minutes ramped up, very impressed by how he looks, he's much tighter with his handle and is very careful with the ball. Hard to not to wonder what the record would be if they could have had a healthy OC from the start.

Reaction Score
honestly, i still tihnk purvis deserves a huge chunk of tick. he is finally developing his off ball ability, he is so fast he loses anybody chasing him off screens. really looked like a damn ferrari at times, other times not so much. i can see he him getting way better very soon . but major props to calhoun, who really broke out. big time shooter and is moving well.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Despite the made threes by Purvis the main difference between the two at the moment is Omar makes his reads a half second sooner than Purvis and that's very important in this offense. Purvis has not exploited the sell out close out like Omar has. If Omar is knocking down shots he is a + to purvis as a compliment to Boat.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
honestly, i still tihnk purvis deserves a huge chunk of tick. he is finally developing his off ball ability, he is so fast he loses anybody chasing him off screens. really looked like a damn ferrari at times, other times not so much. i can see he him getting way better very soon . but major props to calhoun, who really broke out. big time shooter and is moving well.
Clearly he deserves minutes hes fine, he was supposed to be more of a slasher but hitting these 3s recently is a huge plus and I think we still havent seen his full ability yet off the dribble.... Omar is just a better shooter and will get his minutes up when KO thinks hes ready to put those minutes in... Its great to see him play this well this early into the season thought

Reaction Score
Despite the made threes by Purvis the main difference between the two at the moment is Omar makes his reads a half second sooner than Purvis and that's very important in this offense. Purvis has not exploited the sell out close out like Omar has. If Omar is knocking down shots he is a + to purvis as a compliment to Boat.
you can't really say that because purvis offers strength and speed omar doesn't, and thats all relevant in the halfcourt. look omar deserves major minutes and thats a big deal because he's risen from the ashes/. I'm just say be cautious creating a line between the two's respected impact. i would like to see more small with hamilton atthe 4 also so both oc and purv can play.

Reaction Score

Agreed, Purvis looks more explosive every time out. He had the ball on the break a couple times today and I almost didn't recognize him he was out so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom