START MCCUMMINGS!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!1A11A11111111111 | The Boneyard

START MCCUMMINGS!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!1A11A11111111111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if you judge by production, he's probably been in for 20-25% of our snaps, tops, and has both of our TDs

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
WREGWGH4HYTJEY76J67JK75K7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope someone took your car keys away, LOL!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Johnny Mac can't be in during crunch time. He just hasn't gotten it done.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It just may happen. Besides being the best runner of our QB's, he is the only one who has thrown a TD pass (he has two).

Personally I would be surprised if he doesn't start next Saturday.

Reaction Score
Nebrich has a lot of confidence in his game. We should be playing him.

C

Chief00

If you say that you are having QB competition, you have to reward production. McCummings has clearly been the best QB. Start him!

Reaction Score
We're at UB and home for WMU. Neither is a gimme based on what we've seen, but both are definitely opportunities to pick your QB and let him ride it out in those 2 games. If it's McCummings, so be it, let's get him more involved in the entire game plan, not just the 3 plays they have in for him. If it's Nebrich, let's start moving the pocket and rolling him out form time to time. If it's McEntee, then let's start working on our Pass Interference play.

Reaction Score
are you people watching the same McCummings i am?

he's not within 5 yards of most of his throws (not that anyone else is doing better). his throws to the sidelines aren't even close not to mention he had a guy open by 20 yards and overthrew him by 10.

i'm not trying to be negative but the reality is we have no quarterback right now until proven otherwise.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
are you people watching the same McCummings i am?

he's not within 5 yards of most of his throws (not that anyone else is doing better). his throws to the sidelines aren't even close not to mention he had a guy open by 20 yards and overthrew him by 10.

i'm not trying to be negative but the reality is we have no quarterback right now until proven otherwise.

He's the only qb that has put points on the board and hasnt turned it over. Does that not put him at the top in your eyes?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.064096,-73.539814

Reaction Score
everytime i think of all 3 qb's i want to smash my head into a wall. combine that with PP's mannerisms and negativity on the sidelines and i have a hard time getting excited about much.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I get excited when I see a qb running and passing for tds, why do you smash your head against the wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
he's rushed the ball 22 times with an average of 2.5 ypc ... sorry that doesn't excite me.

he's thrown 4 passes, two of which 95 % of the message board could have completed for touchdowns and he only converted 1.

not trying to play debbie downer, but i don't feel very confident in him leading us on a 10-12 play drive that requires passing to score a td... but then again i don't see any of the 3 doing any better.

Reaction Score
Johnny Trick Shot = Done. Not gonna happen with him.
McCummings = best shot right now,may improve as a passer.
Nebrich = stay warm in bullpen if Josh M falters.

Wow! Can this position be any worse? BTW Paul, those fumbles on snaps keep killing your offense? Might want to settle on one QB. Would make Moe P's job a little easier. But hey, you were an assistant in the NFL.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Whaler, a td is td. You seriously going to not give credit to Scottie because he wasn't picked off?

I know your boy Danny O Maryland edition had a tough game today, but pls dont crap on our players.

Reaction Score
I honestly could care less about his arm - UConn isn't capable of moving the ball through the air, anyway.

McCummings is the best QB option right now, plain and simple. There's no justification to not starting him next week.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
he's rushed the ball 22 times with an average of 2.5 ypc ... sorry that doesn't excite me.

he's thrown 4 passes, two of which 95 % of the message board could have completed for touchdowns and he only converted 1.

not trying to play debbie downer, but i don't feel very confident in him leading us on a 10-12 play drive that requires passing to score a td... but then again i don't see any of the 3 doing any better.

You forgot to add zero INTs and zero lost fumbles. But if misery is your drink of choice then I guess positive stats like the above or being responsible for 42% of the offensive touchdowns this year aren't enough to get you excited about one of the three available.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I say go with McCummings and Nebrich.

I'm throwing out the first game because it's a scrimmage. We've played two decent teams, one on the road and one at home. I put the Vandy loss on the coaches because we couldn't get an offensive or defensive play called before the snaps. Last night was on the players. The offensive plays were good enough to win and the defensive calls were good enough too.

But, Johnny Mac isn't the answer. He's had perfect weather in Nashville and East Hartford and his accuracy against BCS defenses is below average. he doesn't have any mobility.

Nebrich needs more polish than McCummings, but his scrambles are something that we can work with.

What really impressed me with McCummings last night was his strength and ability to get yards after contact.

His accuracy and touch are issues, but the same can be said for the other two as well.

Go with Scott and keep Nebrich warm.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, a td is td. You seriously going to not give credit to Scottie because he wasn't picked off?

I know your boy Danny O Maryland edition had a tough game today, but pls dont crap on our players.

A touchdown is a touchdown, but giving a lot of credit to McCummings for a play that Moore made doesn't make a ton of sense. If you throw up enough prayers some get answered, it's not exactly a recipe for success moving forward.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I would go with McCummings, as well, but the merry=go=round has to stop one way or another. How can any of them be judged over the long haul if they aren't in long enough to get a feel for the game. And judging a guy's ability based on one overthrow and with one terrific catch by a receiver that might have been up for grabs is silly. Tom Brady might have been a flop based on such a meaningless sample.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would go with McCummings, as well, but the merry=go=round has to stop one way or another. How can any of them be judged over the long haul if they aren't in long enough to get a feel for the game. And judging a guy's ability based on one overthrow and with one terrific catch by a receiver that might have been up for grabs is silly. Tom Brady might have been a flop based on such a meaningless sample.

How about we base his ability on the fact none of his throws are anywhere near where they are intended to go.

If they turn it over to McCummings full time, the shutouts will pile up.

Reaction Score
Last night's TD was a jump ball lobbed into tight coverage. A prayer answered by the WR. Not to be redundant, but he only comes in during non-pressure situations, isn't asked to do much, and if he fails McEntee is thrown in on 3rd and long to face the music. Sorry to be redundant but he hasn't impressed me nearly as much as Nebrich from a versatility standpoint. But go ahead and start him Keep him in for a half and see how it goes against a decent team.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"How about we base his ability on the fact none of his throws are anywhere near where they are intended to go.

If they turn it over to McCummings full time, the shutouts will pile up."

And you know this from a big representative sample from a freshman being spotted into 3 games. He threw 3 passes. 3. Not much of a sample there. He was the second leading rusher. He was responsible for the first two offensive touchdowns by us against a BCS team in about 12 quarters of football. That's not a shut out so far as I can tell. Do you have any better suggestions based on what you've seen ? Use a senior walk on whose skill is limited to having a ton of time and then his delivery is often late, as opposed to letting one of the young ones take his lumps and maybe developing some confidence?

Reaction Score
When Nebrich is ready he needs to start I don't believe there is any dispute about that but I don't think he is yet, neither McCummings nor McEntee is going to be the next Andrew Luck but at least McCummings gives us the threat to run and in his limited throws he is responsible for infinity times more td's than McEntee and no int's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom