Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would suspect there are more than a couple Stanford legacies whose families are more than capable of paying for their Stanford education so that the child could be a walk on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Stanford has no control over what is posted on other websites. Plus, if ESPN knows Roberson is coming, regardless if she is a scholarship or walk-on, why wouldn't they list her? But for Stanford, they are not allowed to comment on walk-ons. All colleges are not allowed to publicly comment on walk-ons until they are on campus and registered for classes.
I believe you, I just think this Stanford scholarship thing is a mess.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A press release from Stanford is more credible and factual than an ESPN website, which is horribly run and often out of date.
I agree, I just think this Stanford scholarship mess is also horribly run.

Reaction Score
I agree, I just think this Stanford scholarship mess is also horribly run.

geez Meyers. You don't know what goes on at Stanford, so what if they have more kids wanting to play bball than scholarships available for a given yr.?

read an excellent article and Q&A with Tara re: the recruiting process at Stanford. Maybe this will help you understand a bit better.
http://stanford. /2/863136.html

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Don't worry folks, I think it will all come back to bite them in the butt, hehe.

And GQ Beebes coach is full of hot air, she was soft when she played club before her injury and hasn't done diddly since, which considering she got injured before her junior club season sounds like a Hartman situation to me, oh who happened to play for the same club coach who said she was all everything!!!

Sorry folks, I am with you, ignoring and trying to compare her to the likes if Taurasi and KML, just plain stupid.

Reaction Score
Trees give scholarships for "need" that is pretty equivalent to an athletic full ride. Stanford could shell out full "need" scholarships for 10 "walk-ons" and it wouldn't register on their daily income statement from their endowment. Trees sponsor as many sports for women as Uconn has for both woman and men. They have girls rowing and girls ltw rowing (guess so Dolson and Moriah could both be on a rowing team).
Think any of the SEC football teams have a few "walk-ons" that get full "need" scholarships?

Reaction Score
From the SF Chronicle:

"Unfortunately, it appears that Toni Kokenis, an All-Pac-12 guard in 2011-12, may be done as a college player as a result of a condition that VanDerveer won't disclose, for privacy reasons. Kokenis' absence was particularly apparent in the 61-59 loss to Georgia in the Spokane Region semifinals."
I think she was out this year because of a foot injury, but it must be pretty serious if her career's in jeopardy.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I hope TK gets through whatever is ailing her. I dont like to see a kid succumb to an illness and quit playing a sport they so love.

Good luck kid!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I would think if it was a foot injury Tara would talk about it. The article uses the phrase "a condition". I suppose that could mean a lot of things. Sincerely hope she will be fine in the long-term.

Reaction Score
Connecting the dots, it seems to be medical: LINK

Unfortunate. Hoping for only good things for this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom