Stanford's offense is busted | The Boneyard

Stanford's offense is busted

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They won tonight but only scored 53 against UC Riverside, including 6 in the 4th quarter. Under 30% shooting and barely over 10% from behind the arc. 3 bad games in a row. Maybe they shouldn't have changed their offensive scheme. Although looking at the box score apparently they were without their leading returning scorer from last year McPhee.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They won tonight but only scored 53 against UC Riverside, including 6 in the 4th quarter. Under 30% shooting and barely over 10% from behind the arc. 3 bad games in a row. Maybe they shouldn't have changed their offensive scheme. Although looking at the box score apparently they were without their leading returning scorer from last year McPhee.
I'm gonna go back and watch more of the game this weekend, but McPhee was wearing a boot and not in uniform. Listed as day-to-day.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I didn't watch, just looking at the box score. Jumped out to a 20-6 lead after 1 quarter but apparently it was all downhill after that. Carrington did snag a ridiculous 22 rebounds for a guard to go along w/ 13 points.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I didn't watch, just looking at the box score. Jumped out to a 20-6 lead after 1 quarter but apparently it was all downhill after that. Carrington did snag a ridiculous 22 rebounds for a guard to go along w/ 13 points.
Fingall was also missing from this game, injured in practice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
McPhee was not in the box score. Stanford is trying to implement a new offense, and has a lot of inexperienced players. They’ll be a work in progress for a while.

Reaction Score
If history is any indication, Stanford will be a tough out in the tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well I'll fess up, I thought Stanford would be better than this to start the season. I was wrong. I think one critical factor is that Alana Smith is not playing well. She's one of the veterans and I've seen her play at a high level against good competition.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well I'll fess up, I thought Stanford would be better than this to start the season. I was wrong. I think one critical factor is that Alana Smith is not playing well. She's one of the veterans and I've seen her play at a high level against good competition.
I watched the replay of the Stanford game this morning. By far the biggest factor in the low point output was cold 3-point shooting and too many 3-point attempts. Riverside was almost conceding the 3-point shot and Stanford was an abysmal 3-of-28. Carrington alone, who otherwise carried Stanford with her rebounding and inside scoring, was 0-of-8 on 3-pointers. Stanford took a 51-33 lead early in the 4th quarter, and from that point on, by my count, they went 0-of-11 from the 3-point line and 1-of-16 overall. WAY too much settling for the outside shot.

They really, really missed McPhee out there, by far their most accomplished player and unquestioned court leader.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom