Stanford vs Ohio St - 11/25/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs Ohio St - 11/25/17

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And Alanna Smith gets the bucket. Ties the game with 3.2 seconds left.

Timeout OSU. Kelsey will have the chance to win it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, this went from trading buckets to a double digit lead in a hurry. Wrong players for Stanford taking shots down the stretch? Pac 12 is pretty much collectively falling on it's face in big matchups this year, other than UCLA-Baylor and Oregon-Texas A&M (am I missing any others?). Disappointing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Monster game for Smith (33 pts/16 boards) and coming out party for Wilson. I knew Smith was way better than what she showed against tOSU the first time and UConn.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well this one is over. Kudos to Ohio State for the comeback. And kudos to Stanford for its improvement in the past two weeks.

This game reminded me of why I can't be a fan of any team but UConn. So many frustrating, boneheaded plays.

Stanford got an amazing game from Alanna Smith and Anna Wilson.
But they got terrible play from Kaylee Johnson and Dijonai Carrington. Like, really really really bad. In the end, they undid all the good Stanford did in the first 35 minutes of the game.

Kelsey Mitchell shook off a bad first half and carried her team.
OSU also got a huge boost from Asia Doss and Sierra Calhoun.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford didn't score for almost the last 3 minutes of the game. The last hoop was by Smith, she didn't take another shot the rest of the way.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, this went from trading buckets to a double digit lead in a hurry. Wrong players for Stanford taking shots down the stretch? Pac 12 is pretty much collectively falling on it's face in big matchups this year, other than UCLA-Baylor and Oregon-Texas A&M (am I missing any others?). Disappointing.
Does Oregon-Oklahoma count as a big matchup? :rolleyes:
Or how about Utah and USC beating Purdue? :(

Oregon State loses to Notre Dame and Duke.
Oregon loses to Louisville.
Stanford loses to Ohio State twice.
Arizona State loses to Mississippi State (and Green Bay).

I'm not even counting the 3 losses to UConn since it's UConn.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Yes, wrong players taking the shots, wrong players trying to make plays. Johnson and Carrington were god awful, and Sniezek was a very mixed bag.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Stanford will be much improved at the end of the year and when they get McPhee back.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Does Oregon-Oklahoma count as a big matchup? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to count that one or not. Don't know how good Oklahoma is this year, same w/ Purdue.

Granted some of these games have been close, but it still counts as a loss regardless of the margin. And some of the games have not been close (mostly the games involving UConn).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Johnson and Carrington were god awful, and Sniezek was a very mixed bag.

Johnson was pretty good as a freshman. Rebounding machine, averaged 9.6. Didn't score much but she shot over 50% from the floor. Not only has she not improved since then, it really appears she's gone backward.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Johnson was pretty good as a freshman. Rebounding machine, averaged 9.6. Didn't score much but she shot over 50% from the floor. Not only has she not improved since then, it really appears she's gone backward.
She scored a couple times but that was far outweighed by her just general cluelessness and her turnovers, 4 of them. Carrington also had 6 turnovers.

Carrington and Romano attempted 3's that were off the mark late in overtime. Wilson was unconscious going 7 of 8 on 3's but everyone else for Stanford was 1 of 13.

Wilson, though, did miss two free throws in the critical stretch of the 4th quarter when OSU caught up to Stanford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom