Stanford vs Chattanooga [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs Chattanooga [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What is going on with Stanford?? I guess they played the game of their lives against us. Oh well. If that's the loss that got this team going then I'm fine with it.

Poor coaching, like at Tennessee.

Now Stanford can finally fall out of the top 10, where they do not belong.

Reaction Score
Sad that we had to lose to Stanford. We'd be closing in on 60 in a row.

JS

Reaction Score
54-46

Mocs pull off their second upset.

Other one was some in-state game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yow. And I don't care how ESPN phrases it, but USCar beating Hampton by only 20 is not a "cruise," even if it was a road game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Holy Moley....there's a phrase that I am sure cannot be used on the Boneyard, but I am thinking it got shot that game against UConn...seriously

I am so surprised...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ya know, this is not just sour grapes, but there is a helluva lot more excitement in this season than I would have thought possible, and that is undoubtedly a good thing for wcbb in general. It also adds a lot more excitement to the Huskies' season. How in the name of common sense we managed to lose to Stanford I still do not understand, but there will be much more national interest in our game with SCar and maybe with DePaul, Duke and UCLA as well. Perfect seasons are great, but some of our most exciting seasons have been "come from behind" affairs. (Not that we are all that far behind, but still.....)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Holy Moley....there's a phrase that I am sure cannot be used on the Boneyard, but I am thinking it got shot that game against UConn...seriously

I am so surprised...

Huh?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see us schedule UTC next season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stanford scored 46 points tonight. They nearly doubled that against us. WTF?!

Jim Foster's teams may have underachieved at Vandy and OSU, but Chattanooga is impressive so far.

Congrats to Jim and his team!

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see us schedule UTC next season.
Me neither since we're playing them next November or December :) Notre Dame is also playing them, so clearly they are not afraid of a challenge!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And as I said in this thread I started pre-season, we'd have the three longest winning streaks in WCBB history. Damn it all.
Agreed. But Geno said he was having trouble getting through to the team. If that loss in the second game of the year helps us win the last 6, it was worth it.

That now-bizarre Stanford loss makes me appreciate Maya just that much more. 90 in a row. 150-4 for her career. ZERO home losses. Maya played in every game and was a 4-time consensus All-American. Miss Maya was also Miss Durability, Miss Reliability, and Miss Consistency.

Reaction Score
Agreed. But Geno said he was having trouble getting through to the team. If that loss in the second game of the year helps us win the last 6, it was worth it.

That now-bizarre Stanford loss makes me appreciate Maya just that much more. 90 in a row. 150-4 for her career. ZERO home losses. Maya played in every game and was a 4-time consensus All-American. Miss Maya was also Miss Durability, Miss Reliability, and Miss Consistency.
150-4. Wow. That has to be a record. Simply amazing.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Stanford scored 46 points tonight. They nearly doubled that against us. WTF?!

Jim Foster's teams may have underachieved at Vandy and OSU, but Chattanooga is impressive so far.

Congrats to Jim and his team!
Just a reminder - OSU (more so than Vandy) flopped in the post-season. Some of their regular seasons were really good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
150-4. Wow. That has to be a record. Simply amazing.
Yep, 150-4 is a record. Both the 150 and the 4.

Sue lost 4 games in 3+ seasons; Tina lost 5 or 6; Diana lost 8.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Me neither since we're playing them next November or December :) Notre Dame is also playing them, so clearly they are not afraid of a challenge!
I must have missed the announcement. Glad to hear it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
If UConn play Stanford again they will win by 20+ points. That was a fluke game for Stanford who now has 3 loses

Reaction Score
Stanford Blog of the game. http://candrsstanfordwomensbasketba.../stanford-cant-score-against-chattanooga.html

MOCS did not score a basket in Final 11:26 of the game. How did Stanford Lose?????
From the article:
"UTC went to the line and made 11 of 12 free throw in that basket drought."

Stanford plays Tennessee on Saturday. Do you think that they were looking past UTC? Why they would, i don't know, as UTC beat UT. But UTC is still (not for long) not a "name" program.

Reaction Score
Ya know, this is not just sour grapes, but there is a helluva lot more excitement in this season than I would have thought possible, and that is undoubtedly a good thing for wcbb in general. It also adds a lot more excitement to the Huskies' season. How in the name of common sense we managed to lose to Stanford I still do not understand, but there will be much more national interest in our game with SCar and maybe with DePaul, Duke and UCLA as well. Perfect seasons are great, but some of our most exciting seasons have been "come from behind" affairs. (Not that we are all that far behind, but still.....)
Hello everyone. This is my first post. In my opinion, UCONN lost to Stanford because they were not ready to play a good program like Stanford. I was only able to watch part of the game, but Stanford was making their shots and UCONN didn't play defense very well. As I stated, just my opinion.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think the big thing for UConn (and a very good point that Stanford blog makes) was that their wasn't much tape on Stanford at that point. They didn't know what Stanford was going to run. Now that the cat's out of the bag on Stanford's new offense, they're finding it difficult to come up with a viable plan B.

R

RTP Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member