Stanford up 22 against MD at the half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford up 22 against MD at the half

Reaction Score
I don't know what you've been smoking, but I would like some of that so I can see the world from a different perspective.
I put teams that have 6-7 wins ahead of our 3-1 record.

Reaction Score
While I might agree beating cupcakes is better experience than not playing I' could not care less about that. Play someone hard, learn, practice then be ready to show what you learned works for me.

Reaction Score
Not a knock-me-over-with-a-feather moment. As in most years, I wasn't drinking the Maryland Kool Aid.
Mayland was getting a lot of accolades from College Park, jumped over UCONN in the ratings and lost two. Injuries explain some of that. It will all play out. Geno has too much on his plate to worry about Brenda until they meet.

Reaction Score
MD proving to be the fraud team they always are..
It's funny that you would call MD a fraud and know they are missing an All American in Diamond Miller, Arguably the best three point shooter in the nation in Katie Benzan, and the first reserve off of the bench in Faith Masonius. Keep that same energy in March when everyone is healthy...

Reaction Score
I put teams that have 6-7 wins ahead of our 3-1 record.
I think you should go back and actually rethink what you put down. Let's see some of the teams you have before Uconn with their 1 loss to #1 South Carolina. Maryland has 2 losses, Baylor has 1 loss, to 2 loss Maryland and has beaten no one of note. Stanford is another 2 loss team, where either of those losses to #1? nope. I can't really argue Tennessee since they are undefeated with good wins while they best player is injured. Arizona is very gutsy team but how do you almost lose to Vanderbilt and still be taken seriously? That leaves Indiana who lost to Stanford, okay but were they #1, not quite.... But they beat Kentucky.... that is a team comparable to Arkansas and not really as good as South Florida. The only teams I think you can reasonably put in front of UConn are South Carolina, NC State, and Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I think you should go back and actually rethink what you put down. Let's see some of the teams you have before Uconn with their 1 loss to #1 South Carolina. Maryland has 2 losses, Baylor has 1 loss, to 2 loss Maryland and has beaten no one of note. Stanford is another 2 loss team, where either of those losses to #1? nope. I can't really argue Tennessee since they are undefeated with good wins while they best player is injured. Arizona is very gutsy team but how do you almost lose to Vanderbilt and still be taken seriously? That leaves Indiana who lost to Stanford, okay but were they #1, not quite.... But they beat Kentucky.... that is a team comparable to Arkansas and not really as good as South Florida. The only teams I think you can reasonably put in front of UConn are South Carolina, NC State, and Tennessee.
I think you have to earn your rank. A 3-1 team does not deserve to be ranked with teams that have 6-8 wins already. Of our 3 wins only one was against a ranked team (USF), and that was a 7 point margin of victory, so it's not like we have a long list of convincing wins against good competition. If going by the margins of victory, we should be ranked closer to USF than South Carolina.

Reaction Score
It's funny that you would call MD a fraud and know they are missing an All American in Diamond Miller, Arguably the best three point shooter in the nation in Katie Benzan, and the first reserve off of the bench in Faith Masonius. Keep that same energy in March when everyone is healthy...
First of all, both losses, the game was over by halftime. Secondly getting those players back is not going to keep other top teams from dominating MD on the interior. Thirdly, it's not like MD has more talent then they usually do. The lost Charles who was basically their go to player and didn't really gain anyone special. So they are basically in the spot they usually are, around the 10th best team.

Reaction Score
I think you have to earn your rank. A 3-1 team does not deserve to be ranked with teams that have 6-8 wins already. Of our 3 wins only one was against a ranked team (USF), and that was a 7 point margin of victory, so it's not like we have a long list of convincing wins against good competition. If going by the margins of victory, we should be ranked closer to USF than South Carolina.
This early in the season when you don't have much to go on, it's okay to to project a little bit. It's kind of dumb to say 6 or 7 wins moves you up when 5 of them are against the like of St. Gertrude' Sisters of the Blind and Deaf. No one has a long history of convincing wins at this point.

Reaction Score
I mean, you had Iowa right after Uconn and they played only 4 games vs no one. Why are they so high if quality wins are the only measuring stick? Why not have Texas A&M or Mizzou, or Wake Forest before Uconn too?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom