Stanford series? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stanford will not be on the schedule for Katie Lou's tenure, but there is another program that will be starting a home and home next year that will give Lou a home game before she goes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stanford will not be on the schedule for Katie Lou's tenure, but there is another program that will be starting a home and home next year that will give Lou a home game before she goes.
That was a great tease. so I'll bite. UCLA?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That was a great tease. so I'll bite. UCLA?
I was trying to look for the article that mentioned a UCLA series - I remember reading it, but I can't find it, and it might have been my imagination.

Teams cycle through series for various reasons - I don't remember there being anything mentioned when this happened beyond the fact it hadn't been renewed. I never felt Tara was ducking Uconn, nor that there was any animosity towards Geno or Uconn in terms of recruiting. There seem to be a lot of folks that want to generate controversy - what happened to Louisville - did Jeff terminate talks? Probably Uconn said our plate is too full at the moment lets talk in a few years. So does that mean Geno is ducking Louisville?

Reaction Score
We all know the rumors about Maya, and the supposed violations were reported by Tennessee, even though UConn had already reported what had happened. UConn fans just want to make clear that Geno, CD and the staff run a clean program. Nothing more.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Be nice if it were started in time for Lou to have a senior game there (though Stanford might not want to be the venue for her "home" game, as Tara also tried to recruit her).
Happy New Year Bags! It has been touched upon by other contributors here that 1. KLS has her sister still on Stanford and that is an issue, not sure who's it is and it is not a "terrible" issue, more of a courtesy issue 2. Stanford is not near where KLS grew up, UCLA is (or Univ So. Cal) so they will be on the docket 3. Both Geno and Tara care a great deal about growing the game and constantly rotate their list of quality programs to increase exposure. Geno keeps ND as they are/were perennial top 3 program and of greater national attention than Stanford. I must say I root for Stanford and hope to play them in the Tournament!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would just like to point out - not only is UCONN one of the most squeaky clean programs out there (the LONE NCAA violation in the history of Geno's tenure had to do with a staffer setting up a tour of ESPN for Maya and her family), but Geno has NEVER had to resort to anything even remotely questionable to get a recruit. Other coaches or fans may whine or cry about Geno's recruiting acumen (Pat's now infamous quip about why she cancelled the UCONN series - "ask Geno - he knows"), but Geno and co. have simply never needed shenanigans to recruit kids (unlike, say, Maryland and the mysterious verbal to UCONN by Harper, only to change her mind a few weeks later).

It disgusts me, as Cat pointed out, how some fans will continue to float false stories and lies over and over until their own fan base accepts the ridiculousness as fact. But some fans, like lemmings, are just incredibly stupid.

Anybody who whines or cries about Geno or UCONN is sour grapes. Geno has definitely done some silly things in the past regarding recruiting (Kia Vaughn's recruitment), but he's NEVER done anything even remotely questionable. While he certainly gets his fair share of top kids, he loses out on at least as many he gets. I dislike rumors that someone had some sort of issue with how Geno recruits a kid. When programs like tOSU offer asst coaching jobs to star recruits (Kelsey Mitchell's dad), Geno has ALWAYS been above board, honest, and ethical. Anyone who says otherwise is either misinformed, jealous, delusional, or just an idiot.

Reaction Score
I would just like to point out - not only is UCONN one of the most squeaky clean programs out there (the LONE NCAA violation in the history of Geno's tenure had to do with a staffer setting up a tour of ESPN for Maya and her family), but Geno has NEVER had to resort to anything even remotely questionable to get a recruit. Other coaches or fans may whine or cry about Geno's recruiting acumen (Pat's now infamous quip about why she cancelled the UCONN series - "ask Geno - he knows"), but Geno and co. have simply never needed shenanigans to recruit kids (unlike, say, Maryland and the mysterious verbal to UCONN by Harper, only to change her mind a few weeks later).

It disgusts me, as Cat pointed out, how some fans will continue to float false stories and lies over and over until their own fan base accepts the ridiculousness as fact. But some fans, like lemmings, are just incredibly stupid.

Anybody who whines or cries about Geno or UCONN is sour grapes. Geno has definitely done some silly things in the past regarding recruiting (Kia Vaughn's recruitment), but he's NEVER done anything even remotely questionable. While he certainly gets his fair share of top kids, he loses out on at least as many he gets. I dislike rumors that someone had some sort of issue with how Geno recruits a kid. When programs like tOSU offer asst coaching jobs to star recruits (Kelsey Mitchell's dad), Geno has ALWAYS been above board, honest, and ethical. Anyone who says otherwise is either misinformed, jealous, delusional, or just an idiot.
Have you forgotten about Geno's heinous congratulatory phone call to 13-year-old Mone' Davis after her win in the Little League World Series (and after her unsolicited "verbal" to UCONN)??

Reaction Score
I also attempted to locate the article I read, believe it was SNY, in which KLS stated that after participating in USA tryouts, she believed she could play for UCONN. So she actually initiated contact with Geno to let him know of her interest in coming to UCONN. She added that when Geno got on the phone she became so nervous she could hardly speak and he made fun of her about it. I agree that I also have not read anything which would indicate that Stamford cancelled the series due to KLS' recruitment. As JoePgh said earlier and I totally agree, some coaches don't want to play UCONN at home because it only increases UCONN's notoriety and could work against them later in recruiting. I'm for one am very, very happy that KLS is playing for our Huskies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We all know the rumors about Maya, and the supposed violations were reported by Tennessee, even though UConn had already reported what had happened. UConn fans just want to make clear that Geno, CD and the staff run a clean program. Nothing more.
The best way for UCONN fans to make that clear is by not repeating the rumor.
Speaking of being clear, the supposed violations reported by Tennessee DID NOT HAPPEN! By saying "UCONN had already reported what happen incorrectly indicates that violations did happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom