Stanford Post Game Thoughts | The Boneyard

Stanford Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

This team is done that's what this this game showed. The only positives from tonight were Omar and Purvis. This loss falls on Boatright mostly back to back game of subpar performances. Kevin Ollie playing Nolan instead of Rakim is also mind boggling considering the positives Lubin has shown and Nolan not being a D1 player. D-Ham didn't do much and Kentan has regressed from the beginning of the year not having much of an impact on the game.

Its American Conference tournament championship or bust this year. We have a lack of togetherness and talent on this team, and with Boatright not playing well this team has no chance of winning against decent competition. Very disappointed in this team.

Lineup for next game: Boat, Omar, D-Ham, Rakim, and Brimah
Bench: Purvis, Kentan, T-Sam, Cassell

Reaction Score
Start a guy who didn't play one minute tonight?

Reaction Score
I just like to see some pre- and game time scouting implemented. Take away their threes we are in the game. How about some straight up man to man instead of that hedge defense that makes one of our guys looks foolish flalling his arms as he chases the 3 shooter.

Offensively I have no clue what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Facey was forced to play the 5 with Brimah in foul trouble and Nolan ineffective. He did okay and was not the problem tonight.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I remember one time in middle school, I played in a holiday tournament in Windsor. My team was buns, and I was extraordinarily hot for the whole weekend. Each team triple-teamed me in the second half and essentially shut me down. We got beat every game.

Imagine how Boat feels playing against 5 college defenders?

Reaction Score
This team is done that's what this this game showed. The only positives from tonight were Omar and Purvis. This loss falls on Boatright mostly back to back game of subpar performances. Kevin Ollie playing Nolan instead of Rakim is also mind boggling considering the positives Lubin has shown and Nolan not being a D1 player. D-Ham didn't do much and Kentan has regressed from the beginning of the year not having much of an impact on the game.

Its American Conference tournament championship or bust this year. We have a lack of togetherness and talent on this team, and with Boatright not playing well this team has no chance of winning against decent competition. Very disappointed in this team.

Lineup for next game: Boat, Omar, D-Ham, Rakim, and Brimah
Bench: Purvis, Kentan, T-Sam, Cassell

Anyone who blames boat for the loss just doesn't know the game of basketball. He has one of the hardest jobs in all of basketball.

Reaction Score
Imagine how Boat feels playing against 5 college defenders?

5 good/talented defenders. Then he looks left then right and recognizes he has limited options. Its quite sad to see.

Ollie should give him a 'go off' game, you know be selfish and go for 40 points. He needs a game or two like that for his NBA future, its the least coach could do.

Like Curry at Davidson. I would support it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
5 good/talented defenders. Then he looks left then right and recognizes he has limited options. Its quite sad to see.

Ollie should give him a 'go off' game, you know be selfish andbgo for 40 points. He needs a game or two like that for his NBA future, its the least coach could do.

Boat doesn't have a dependable outside jumper to go off like Curry or Shabazz. One can only hope he's saving everything for Hartford.

Reaction Score
Facey was forced to play the 5 with Brimah in foul trouble and Nolan ineffective. He did okay and was not the problem tonight.
I agree KF played well unfortunately KO had to put PN back in the game. We need to see more of Lubin and less of Nolan for this team to get better. Well of course Dham has to get out of his funk and RB has to be smarter with the ball. I don't like seeing Omar forcing shots off the dribble either. He is strictly a 2 dribble or set and shoot guy. That's it.

Reaction Score
anybody notice that j on that randle guy of stanford: a thang of booty; compare it to anything sledteam offers; no comparison; compare boat j wit randle j; no comparison; i have seen tons of uconn yankee conference games in person and many with sub five hundred sledteams but these clubs had several legit shooters; this current team would not beat those old conference teams

uconn looks exhausted; boat looks gassed; olywould body cues say "dont look at me"

this team has been too close to fiasco fotbol it seems; they cooked; no fight in em;they meander with no decisive purpose probably because they know that skill wise they cant stay with teams with multiple guys who have multiskill sets; they almost look beat before tip time; boat with inconsistent j and that is being kind combined with his five nine stature with all the new point guard requirements is too much for him; boat needs to play off ball to help team and forget point gard nba future cause there is none; he just to little with not much of a shot meaning j and not opportunity; correct this scenario and maybe something positive happens but continue with ollie trying to get boat in nba leads to under five hundred season and maybe cbi or cit calls basketball office; the front court could not contend with early nineteen seventies front court of Cal Chapman and Gary Custick who were two dudes who could really really stick the j front the deep corners, cal chapman being a thousand pt scorer in uconn history and custick just under thousand pts due to injury; this current team looks like bunch of magnets running around that repel each other ; wow; i dont believes what eye seize

Reaction Score
There are so many things wrong with the team it's depressing. Poor rebounding, boxing out a huge problem, lazy or head shaking passes, poor shot selection, dham has hit a wall, not enough talent of the bench, losing players on d especially on the perimeter.

An interesting aspect to me last night, was that we seemed to guard better on the perimeter when we played zone. Of course the way they called the game was also rediculous.

H

huskymagic

Ollie should give him a 'go off' game, you know be selfish and go for 40 points. He needs a game or two like that for his NBA future, its the least coach could do.

The problem Kita is that Boatright can't go off for 40 points. It's not like Ollie is telling him Boat don't shoot. Last night game and the Tulsa game were all both on him. Omar, Purvis and company hit enough outside shots and kept us in the game. Boatright couldn't elevate his game or the team to victory it's that simple. There are no excuses. I am one of the biggest Purvis bashers on the boneyard and I admit that he played very well last night off the bench as that suits him better.

If Hamilton doesn't elevate his game and Ollie doesn't start feeding the post more often this season is lost.

H

huskymagic

Anyone who blames boat for the loss just doesn't know the game of basketball. He has one of the hardest jobs in all of basketball.

"You're not really this stupid are you... My est advice for you... shutup." This loss was completely on Boatright and Ollie playing Nolan 17 minutes. Calhoun and Purvis hit enough perimeter shots to keep the game within striking distance. Boatright got outplayed big time by Randle. Unacceptable back to back performances by supposedly our best player and senior leader, point guard, captain, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom