Stanford goes down 72-67 to Washington | The Boneyard

Stanford goes down 72-67 to Washington

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think you can make a strong case that UConn is the #2 team in the nation right now. I know that LSU is unbeaten, but having watched their last 2 games, the Tigers are just not in the same class with SC, UConn, Stanford or IN.

Reaction Score
I think you can make a strong case that UConn is the #2 team in the nation right now. I know that LSU is unbeaten, but having watched their last 2 games, the Tigers are just not in the same class with SC, UConn, Stanford or IN.
95% of Kim's Baylor teams were much more talented and had way more depth (the 5% being her first few teams when she took over the program). Even those teams didn't even go undefeated. The current team is running on fumes with streaky individual play with no quality depth. Although Sa'Myah Smith is talented she is a freshmen who needs another year in the weight room.

They aren't a top 5 team. Don't have the talent 1-5 although Morris, Reese and Flaujae are a good core. And the lack of depth won't hold up against elite teams. Its probably a solid 12-20 team but they still are recruiting class or two away from being potentially competitive with better teams.

But dont worry, LSU will lose next week so they will drop above the teams you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU has a good chance of playing Scar a second time in the SEC tournament. So they might end the season with only two losses, since the SEC is not very strong this year.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
UCONN or Indiana. I think Indiana will be 2nd on Monday, UCONN may be 3rd and Stanford 4th or 5th. This game may cost Stanford a 1 seed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stanford has been skating on the edge for a while now - not sure what the exact problem is, but they just aren't consistently playing good basketball. If they don't solve it, I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the first high seed to get upset come March. They have the talent for a FF run, just not the consistency.

Reaction Score
Stanford has been skating on the edge for a while now - not sure what the exact problem is, but they just aren't consistently playing good basketball. If they don't solve it, I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the first high seed to get upset come March. They have the talent for a FF run, just not the consistency.
Lack of point guard.

Reaction Score
I didn't catch the game but i really like Lepolo at the point. She's dealt with injuries and is only a freshman but she can play. I was wondering y Kiki only got 10 minutes and is now coming off the bench.

Reaction Score

Their stats are interesting. Not really getting much outside their top 4 on paper.

Reaction Score
LSU has a good chance of playing Scar a second time in the SEC tournament. So they might end the season with only two losses, since the SEC is not very strong this year.
Weakest SEC I can ever remember. Just shockingly down. It’s not quite what UConn dealt with in Big East’s ND era, but close.

Reaction Score
I am kind of rooting for Indiana to sneak into #2. IMO they have the best resume of any team not named South Carolina. But I have a feeling it will be LSU. The media will want to hype up a #1 vs. #2 matchup next weekend...

Reaction Score
The problem is in the back court. They just don't have a floor general.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watched a recording of the game. Exciting for UW. Freshman Ladine led the way w/ a career high 21, but you have to give A LOT of credit to Daniels and Van Dyke for really battling hard and having good games against Stanford's front court. There hasn't been a lot to cheer about on Montlake for quite a while. I would guess today's attendance of 4300 is the best since Plum has been gone, and they got loud.

Reaction Score
They will drop to #3. :rolleyes:
We joke and kid but I would not be surprised if something like that happens. Heck Texas barely beat Kansas but I am sure Texas is going to be Top 15 this week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It does seem silly to me that Stanford would remain so highly ranked while having two losses to unranked teams (and SC) while UConn was penalized for their two losses against ranked opponents (and SC) so harshly.

Shrug. Indiana deserves #2. LSU I don’t even think should be in the conversation, but whatever.

Reaction Score
The narrative for UConn was - with no depth you can’t get very far. Yet the team kept winning against all odds and delivered the closest game against SCar. They have only lost to ranked teams, #1, #7, and #8 (today). Teams like Stanford have deep rosters and have fallen to unranked opponents. UConn is therefore deserving of a #1 tournament seeding. Would the other 3 be Scar, Indiana, and LSU. The rest of February and the conference tournaments are going to be exciting!

Reaction Score
SCar's closest game was Stanford. Went to OT.

It is an interesting question of whether a team's resume or the assessment of how good they actually are should carry the ranking.

Stanford seems better to me than their resume at this point, but maybe that's wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom