Stanford getting all it can handle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford getting all it can handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it's becoming apparently obvious that for whatever reason, UConn took Stanford lightly last week.

May be the team reads all those absurd score prediction of 30-40+ pts blow out that was posted by the BY last week ?

Reaction Score
I think it's becoming apparently obvious that for whatever reason, UConn took Stanford lightly last week.

As did a large number of posters. I posted pre season that I wondered how the team chemistry would develop and one poster replied that "Dr. Geno" would take care of that in his lab. Hyperbole is fine but this is a different team than the past two years and Geno is searching hard to figure out the best roles for each player. For instance, Kiah has not yet stepped up as a senior to assume a greater role as both she and a number of posters predicted. We are only 3 games into the season and there is much work to be done.

Reaction Score

If the standard for lightly is less serious than Stanford took UConn then that is likely true beginning with the UConn head coach. Tara has openly acknowledged in the past that she has spent weeks in advance preparing her team for UConn or Baylor a couple of years ago. Geno's philosophy is to focus on what he wants his team to do and doesn't put as much game planning effort into these games. Of course Geno wants to win, but his mentality is not win at all costs at this point in the season. I don't think 195-0 has ever been on Geno's list of goals.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There might be a more simple answer. The loss of Steph and Bria was a huge loss in terms of what they provided on the court...offense ran through Steph, presence of a second AA big, slasher and long range option in Bria, talented defender, two more options at the end of the shot clock, etc... and on the sidelines in terms of providing will and direction, settling down the team after a bad play. We haven't replaced that yet. The pieces are there, but the identity isn't yet. It will be by March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom