Stanford @ Baylor 12/3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford @ Baylor 12/3

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Most of Stanford's shots have been outside shots. Long shot, long rebound.

Yeah, her teammates are getting all the boards--Cox 9, Cohen and Wallace 8, Landrum 7.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford has given up a bucket at the end of every quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
58-40 Baylor after 3 quarters. Take away the 1st quarter and Stanford would be right there. Still abysmal shooting (13-51; 26%).

edited--8 of their 13 made FG are 3's

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Brown has 26 on 11-14 from the floor, but only 3 rebounds? What gives with that?

Cox has 10, Cohen has 8, Wallace has 8 and Landrum has 7. There are only so many to go around.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
58-40 Baylor after 3 quarters. Take away the 1st quarter and Stanford would be right there. Still abysmal shooting (13-51; 26%).

edited--8 of their 13 made FG are 3's

Funny how that works in basketball. So odd that all quarters count.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I said in a post, before the first game of the season, that Stanford could have 6 losses by the end of 2017. They have 4 after todays loss and I think they will lose to Tennessee on 12/21 and UCLA on 12/29(they might even lose to USC on 12/31). I thought they would lose those games with McPhee in the lineup. They lost too much with Karlie, Bird and Roberson leaving and the replacements arent nearly as good or experienced.

Reaction Score
I said in a post, before the first game of the season, that Stanford could have 6 losses by the end of 2017. They have 4 after todays loss and I think they will lose to Tennessee on 12/21 and UCLA on 12/29(they might even lose to USC on 12/31). I thought they would lose those games with McPhee in the lineup. They lost too much with Karlie, Bird and Roberson leaving and the replacements arent nearly as good or experienced.
Erica McCall

Reaction Score
Point spread about the same when Uconn played Stanford. Does that mean Baylor and Uconn are equals?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford is a mess. Smith got it going eventually and finished w/ 11. The rest of the starters combined for 7 points. Bench came up big, 14 for Coffee (wasn't even really in the rotation before today) and 13 for Williams, 39 total from the reserves.

Cox and Wallace both had double-doubles in points and rebounds and combined for 13 assists for Baylor. Brown finished w/ 28 pts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Funny how that works in basketball. So odd that all quarters count.

Is that some snark? I didn't say otherwise. Stanford got off to a terrible start they never got close to recovering from.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Baylor settled for too many long range shots early in the shot clock. Cox and Cohen took some bad shots.

I’m sure that Wilson will be the NPOY but Brown should be in consideration. I don’t know of one WCBB player who can match up with her physically.

Brown will be on the final short list I am sure. The voters seem to love seniors, though, so unless Brown's number are just overwhelmingly better it'll be tough.

I do think Brown has a likely spot on the 5-member 1st Team AA.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another thing: Baylor is better than #9 in the country.
The voters were overly harsh in dropping Baylor from #3 to #8 for losing to UCLA when not at full strength.
And then, for some odd reason, this last week the voters moved Ohio State ahead of Baylor into the #8 spot. Baylor is better than Ohio State, by a lot.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'll just tag onto this w/ a couple other Pac 12 scores rather than start other threads. UCLA is hammering UCSB 72-39 w/ a minute and change left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My first chance to watch the other Huskies this year. I thought it was going to be dire w/ all of UW's personnel losses and beginning the season w/ a 20 point loss to Idaho St. I gotta say they are fun to watch. Lots of 3's, hitting the offensive glass hard. No star players, 10 kinda interchangeable players. 7 players in double figures including 4 off the bench. I think the starting lineup has been shuffled quite a few times already so being a starter isn't a big deal. Up 91-66 over Portland w/ under a minute left. With Wazzu underachieving so far and UW looking better than expected, it's not a given which Washington school will finish higher in the Pac 12 standings. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some games live this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Brown will be on the final short list I am sure. The voters seem to love seniors, though, so unless Brown's number are just overwhelmingly better it'll be tough.

I do think Brown has a likely spot on the 5-member 1st Team AA.

I know AA is not locked into positions but 2 true centers? Is that realistic? Is there precedent?

Plebe

Reaction Score
My first chance to watch the other Huskies this year. I thought it was going to be dire w/ all of UW's personnel losses and beginning the season w/ a 20 point loss to Idaho St. I gotta say they are fun to watch. Lots of 3's, hitting the offensive glass hard. No star players, 10 kinda interchangeable players. 7 players in double figures including 4 off the bench. I think the starting lineup has been shuffled quite a few times already so being a starter isn't a big deal. Up 91-66 over Portland w/ under a minute left. With Wazzu underachieving so far and UW looking better than expected, it's not a given which Washington school will finish higher in the Pac 12 standings. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some games live this year.
Yes, I agree. I saw much of Washington's second game vs. BYU and I was pleasantly surprised. You could really see the same style of play that Wynn had employed at LBSU, with the platoon subbing and full-court pressing.

I am hoping that Washington can beat North Carolina in a couple weeks when they play in Myrtle Beach.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know AA is not locked into positions but 2 true centers? Is that realistic? Is there precedent?
My impression of the AA team is that it's not strictly position-based. And even if it were, Wilson can be considered a 4 while Brown is a 5.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My impression of the AA team is that it's not strictly position-based. And even if it were, Wilson can be considered a 4 while Brown is a 5.

True. It just seems there is alot of talent around WCBB this season. I really think Baylor and Texas will be great battles and are seasoned enough to give us a real threat come final 4 time. ND will be gunning for us and SCar at full strength is no pushover. It will be fun.

Plebe

Reaction Score
True. It just seems there is alot of talent around WCBB this season. I really think Baylor and Texas will be great battles and are seasoned enough to give us a real threat come final 4 time. ND will be gunning for us and SCar at full strength is no pushover. It will be fun.

Fully agree. Baylor and Texas will have epic battles this year. Baylor has gone full hog behind its "Basketball Capital of Texas" slogan, giving away hundreds of T-shirts at today's game.

To my eye, there are 7 teams in addition to UConn with a very good chance at a Final Four: Notre Dame, UCLA, Baylor, Texas, Louisville, South Carolina, Mississippi State. Other teams such as Oregon or Ohio State have an outside chance as well, but I'm seeing 8 clear front-runners at the upper tier.

Reaction Score
Well getting back to Stanford. I hope this finally makes it clear that Stanford has been over rated from the start. Tara can only do so much. She has to have something to work with. I see them 4th at best in the league They are lucky that they are only playing the Oregon schools once this season and playing the Washington schools twice.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is that some snark? I didn't say otherwise. Stanford got off to a terrible start they never got close to recovering from.

Or did Baylor get of to an incredible start?

Snark confirmed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Or did Baylor get of to an incredible start?

Not mutually exclusive. Baylor looked great and Stanford looked terrible. Stanford looked similarly terrible against Ohio St. in the season opener and against UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom