Stanford 82 (missing 5 players) Wash St 44 | The Boneyard

Stanford 82 (missing 5 players) Wash St 44

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So Stanford can afford to lose some players in a way that Cal can't. Big surprise there.

Looks like Iriafen might be finding her stride in recent games.

Reaction Score
Stanford plays like this, focused and with a purpose, they are a national championship team. We saw how they were up 18-20 points on South Carolina and let that game get away from them. Same with Tennessee. In that game, they let the Lady Vols get close but pulled the game out towards the end. If Stanford locks in and can focus for 40 minutes, nobody can beat them. Too much talent. And folks were yelling about how Stanford needs a point guard. Only when they lose, folks say that. When Stanford is winning. That point guard conversation never comes up. This weekend Stanford battles Oregon (One of my favorites) and Oregon State. Should be a nice round of games.

Reaction Score
It's funny when we say Uconn plays for "March" yet other programs have early losses and we just knock them. Stanford is the same way, they are building their team for March. I notice Tara experiments a lot with her bench, sounds like something Uconn should do but I don't expect Geno to change.

Reaction Score
Barring injury, Stanford is a pretty good bet to make it to the F4 again.

Reaction Score
Barring injury, Stanford is a pretty good bet to make it to the F4 again.
Pretty safe in my book. To me, they are going to be a 0ne-seed as long as they win the PAC

I don't expect them to have much trouble in sweeping the PAC or, at least, suffering more than one conference loss.

Arizona is a big mystery to me. They have one impressive win over otherwise unbeaten Louisville but the other 9 wins are dogs. Will be watching them and Stanford closely.

Hope we get to see plenty of PAC basketball played. A bit worried about this season

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't expect them to have much trouble in sweeping the PAC
Really? Nobody has swept the Pac since Stanford did it in '11-'12. Even if they are clearly better than everybody else, I'd be shocked if they don't drop a game or two.

Reaction Score
Really? Nobody has swept the Pac since Stanford did it in '11-'12. Even if they are clearly better than everybody else, I'd be shocked if they don't drop a game or two.

Colorado called. They’d like to remind everyone that they beat the national champions last year.

I don’t think sweeping the PAC will be realistic for any team this year given the variances in styles and abilities of coaches in the conference to come up with a game plan that can set them up for success against Stanford.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arizona is a big mystery to me. They have one impressive win over otherwise unbeaten Louisville but the other 9 wins are dogs.
DePaul? Might ask Kentucky about them.

Reaction Score
I don't ask anything from Kentucky. The most overrated team in the SEC. One excellent player and a name built by their mbb program.

Okay, DePaul doesn't deserve to be called a dog. I withdraw that,.

Arizona has two quad one wins (but they do pass the eyeball test) They are probably a good team against this year. Still, less than half their games have been played against Quad 1 or two teams.:

Quadrant Records - NET​

• Quadrant 1
    2-0

• Quadrant 2
    2-0

• Quadrant 3
    2-0

• Quadrant 4
    4-0

Reaction Score
incomplete quote you are responding to.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
In fairness, Massey has Kentucky at 36 and DePaul at 34, so it's possible both teams are just kinda meh. I'm with @visitingcock in the sense that of the top ten teams, I still feel like I have the worst grip on what I think of Arizona, because they haven't played in almost a month, and they've played no top teams in almost two.

My view on Stanford is that we have a very solid baseline, so whether we get to the Final Four, or championship game, or repeat, will depend on whether Brink, Jones, and Lexie Hull have big games, and whether the Prechtel/Jump/Wilson supporting cast steps up on offense. I think our defense is pretty solid but the swings between a good and bad offensive night will be the difference between a shock Elite Eight loss and a repeat.

As for sweeping in the PAC-12, I agree the odds are more against it than for it, though I actually am less intimidated by the PAC-12 competition than any year since Chiney was still in college. IMHO, all of Oregon/Oregon St/Arizona/ASU/UCLA have regressed marginally (Arizona) or meaningfully (the rest) in the last 24 months. Now that Oregon has its complete roster back, I think they could challenge, and I think Arizona will be a tough out, but we only play Arizona once, at home. So apart from that game and the home and away with the Oregon schools, I think the other main risk is the traditional @Colorado meat grinder.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom