Stanford 53, S Carolina 49 | The Boneyard

Stanford 53, S Carolina 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The Cardinal had 18 turnovers and 4 assists. 19/47 fg, 0-5 treys. Won the game at the ft line; 15.17.

Reaction Score
The Cardinal had 18 turnovers and 4 assists. 19/47 fg, 0-5 treys. Won the game at the ft line; 15.17.

TOs have always been a problem. Wish I knew why. Credit SC though. Tough game.

Without looking it up, it's probably only our 2nd game in 10 years, or more, without making a three.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
TOs have always been a problem. Wish I knew why. Credit SC though. Tough game.

Without looking it up, it's probably only our 2nd game in 10 years, or more, without making a three.
Let's hope they play like that 12/29. ;)

Reaction Score
Stanford is a much different team on their home floor so I look for a totally different game from them. UCONN is going to have to play their A game to win. Hopefully Kiah and Morgan will be available for the game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
South Carolina wins this game if they make their free throws and if their players showed more composure and made shots at the end. Still a great show by South Carolina, didn't think the game would be this close as Stanford is the more talented team.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This is hard for me to believe.

According to box scores on ESPN, attendance at the Stanford vs. South Carolina game was 8,325. Attendance at tha UConn vs. Oakland game was 8,325.

Coincidence? Typo? Miscount?

Makes me consider buying my first ever lottery ticket.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
unfortunately, Kib, that was yesterday's number..the trick is, picking today's!;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No offense Cardfan, but Stanford at number 1 is the only number 1 ranking in WCBB in years that I've thought was ridiculous. The number 1 team does not win by 4 to the number 21 team in the nation. I'm not sure that anyone who knows WCBB thinks that the Cardinal is the top team in the nation.

Reaction Score
No offense Cardfan, but Stanford at number 1 is the only number 1 ranking in WCBB in years that I've thought was ridiculous. The number 1 team does not win by 4 to the number 21 team in the nation. I'm not sure that anyone who knows WCBB thinks that the Cardinal is the top team in the nation.

I've never said we deserve to be 1, nor do I care if others don't think we are not the top team in the nation. We still beat Baylor and we won last night.

Reaction Score
South Carolina wins this game if they make their free throws and if their players showed more composure and made shots at the end. Still a great show by South Carolina, didn't think the game would be this close as Stanford is the more talented team.

or if we didn't turn it over so much. As I said before, we typically don't play well on the road in the east in Dec. but credit SC for a good game plan.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Watched the game on tape delay and this is what I came away with......

Stanford is good! They are ranked #1 and until the lose they will keep it, so no sense in arguing if they are the #1 team or not. April will be the final stake in that conversation.

However,

I came away more impressed with an undersized South Carolina team. They wanted to win that game so bad that they made some costly errors. Including not hitting their free throws and couple of turnovers. I think Dawn Staley is a great coach who is gonna take the Gamecocks to a new level in the SEC and NCAA. Especially when Wilka Montout gets into a better groove and the addition of 6'4 Alaina Coates next year which will give them some size. It would like to see A'ja Wilson end up at South Carolina. Dawn and her staff could use a player like her in the paint. Also the SEC better be on the look out of this South Carolina team. They could be in the hunt for the SEC title this year.

Reaction Score

Do not put too much stock into scores. A #1 team is always playing with targets on their backs against whom opponents often play motivated, inspired, above their heads basketball. One need only go back ten years to remember UConn's near disaster in Blacksburg.

Survive and advance!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've never said we deserve to be 1, nor do I care if others don't think we are not the top team in the nation. We still beat Baylor and we won last night.

If you need to mention a 2 point victory in a game without Sims, feel free to do so. My point is that people who know and follow women's basketball know that that win was a pretty hollow win without much meaning to anyone other than Stanford fans. The loss was a good thing for Baylor, as I have said in previous posts here. I didn't say that you ever said that you deserved the number one ranking. You are most likely going to get your tails handed to you when you play UCONN and the rankings will self-correct.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Stanford is good! They are ranked #1 and until the lose they will keep it, so no sense in arguing if they are the #1 team or not. April will be the final stake in that conversation.

However,

I came away more impressed with an undersized South Carolina team. They wanted to win that game so bad that they made some costly errors. Including not hitting their free throws and couple of turnovers. I think Dawn Staley is a great coach who is gonna take the Gamecocks to a new level in the SEC and NCAA. Especially when Wilka Montout gets into a better groove and the addition of 6'4 Alaina Coates next year which will give them some size. It would like to see A'ja Wilson end up at South Carolina. Dawn and her staff could use a player like her in the paint. Also the SEC better be on the look out of this South Carolina team. They could be in the hunt for the SEC title this year.

I live alone...I need someone to argue with. My dogs are horrible at debating.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Do not put too much stock into scores. A #1 team is always playing with targets on their backs against whom opponents often play motivated, inspired, above their heads basketball. One need only go back ten years to remember UConn's near disaster in Blacksburg.

Survive and advance!

It's a little early for Survive and Advnace....maybe come March and April that will apply, when surviving means advancing. Surviving against the number 21 ranked team is only surviving and nothing else.

Reaction Score
If you need to mention a 2 point victory in a game without Sims, feel free to do so. My point is that people who know and follow women's basketball know that that win was a pretty hollow win without much meaning to anyone other than Stanford fans. The loss was a good thing for Baylor, as I have said in previous posts here. I didn't say that you ever said that you deserved the number one ranking. You are most likely going to get your tails handed to you when you play UCONN and the rankings will self-correct.

Dood, my team have suffered more injuries over the years and lost big games because of them. As they say, injuries are a part of the game. Deal with it. No one is getting their tails handed to them at Maples on Dec. 29th.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Dood, my team have suffered more injuries over the years and lost big games because of them. As they say, injuries are a part of the game. Deal with it. No one is getting their tails handed to them at Maples on Dec. 29th.

It's all good...we all know that Stanford is over ranked at this point. I look forward to the rankings correction that will occur after December 29.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Sorry, did I say tails, I meant to say asses.

Reaction Score
It's all good...we all know that Stanford is over ranked at this point. I look forward to the rankings correction that will occur after December 29.

"we" all know nada. I don't care about rankings in Dec. You're the one hung up on rankings.

Reaction Score

However,

Even though they lost, South Carolina should move up in the rankings. The stat sheet showed they played an excellent game. Stanford's largest lead was 7 points and SC was better in about half the stats. Hope they move up in the rankings.

Reaction Score
Given Stanford's penchant for underperforming on the road
in December, Tennessee may have a shot on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom