Stanford (4) @ Arizona St (24) - 3/01/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford (4) @ Arizona St (24) - 3/01/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
At the end of the half Kiki Russell out with the team on crutches and a knee brace. Getting hugs from her senior teammates as she's obviously very upset about not having the ability to finish. A real shame for a senior who exemplifies character, spirit and effort.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Beast with a team high
18 pts (9-10, 0-1 FT, 2-2 Dunks), 9 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk
JK about the dunks, I think...

Reaction Score
Emotional post-game ceremony after the game honoring the five seniors.
89257174_10157858847592707_489572954019987456_o.jpg
Very impressive group of young ladies. Ja'Tavia as a transfer student will complete her master's degree in August. Robbi Ryan will also complete a master's degree in August. Jamie Ruden will graduate with a 4.0 in Psychology. Reili Richardson graduates with a 3.5 in finance. And Kiki Russell will graduate with a 3.4 in psychology.

An extremely impressive class. Beyond the court where they had considerable achievement in basketball these ladies exemplify what a student-athlete is. All four of the incoming class of 2020 graduate on time with honors and our transfer completes a master's degree.

CTT always attempts to recruit for both athletics and academics and this class certainly demonstrates that.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
At the end of the half Kiki Russell out with the team on crutches and a knee brace. Getting hugs from her senior teammates as she's obviously very upset about not having the ability to finish. A real shame for a seniorwho exemplifies character, spirit and effort.
What? When did she get hurt?

Reaction Score
What? When did she get hurt?
I have a comment up in the thread. I think it was midway through the second quarter - she and Williams collided violently.

After the game during the senior ceremony she still had on the heavy knee brace and crutches. In the postgame radio show Jeff Munn said that she would be unavailable for the Pac tournament so evidently it's serious.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Boo. Everybody starts their Sr. on Sr. Day. Even deep bench players. UW started an injured player who hadn't played a single minute in her career. What is CTT's excuse for this?
Not everyone does that. Tara doesn't, for instance. Of course she gets all the seniors in.

Reaction Score
Winning should always be the priority, even on senior day. Of course, if you take on a patsy team like California, maybe you can get away with starting your bench seniors. ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not everyone does that. Tara doesn't, for instance. Of course she gets all the seniors in.

I stand corrected. Scott Rueck also didn't do it today.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have a comment up in the thread. I think it was midway through the second quarter - she and Williams collided violently.

After the game during the senior ceremony she still had on the heavy knee brace and crutches. In the postgame radio show Jeff Munn said that she would be unavailable for the Pac tournament so evidently it's serious.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Reaction Score

At the end of the video, it looked like Belibi had a sure dunk opportunity, but she went up kinda timid.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score

At the end of the video, it looked like Belibi had a sure dunk opportunity, but she went up kinda timid.

I think she received the ball a little too close to the basket and didn't jump quite high enough, so she made sure to lift it over the rim and get the two points rather than possibly missing a dunk.

Reaction Score
I think she received the ball a little too close to the basket and didn't jump quite high enough, so she made sure to lift it over the rim and get the two points rather than possibly missing a dunk.
Interesting. From where I was sitting it looked like she was going to dunk. We all stood in unison as she went up.

She was dominant in this game. Really amazing. Clearly she's more gifted than Jamie Ruden and Ja'Tavia Tapley.

With that said she completely dominated them, dominated the paint, and didn't even demonstrate her outside shot. She is going to be something over the next three years.

Reaction Score

Sad way to end her career. Recommend this article. I did not realize Russell Wilson was in attendance yesterday to support his sister.
Sorry to read about Russell. She was a "team first" teammate who gave her body up so many times when talking charges, setting screens, and going after loose balls.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Three of the four OSU seniors started today and all four played in the first half.

Yeah, but all 3 had been starters since Brown was injured. Leaving Thropay out of the starting lineup for Senior Day is the notable part.

Reaction Score
She was dominant in this game. Really amazing. Clearly she's more gifted than Jamie Ruden and Ja'Tavia Tapley.

With that said she completely dominated them, dominated the paint, and didn't even demonstrate her outside shot. She is going to be something over the next three years.
And yet she (Belibi) was hardy a factor in either game versus Oregon. I was expecting her to be a big piece but... matchup problems? Something else?

Reaction Score
I've switched back and forth from streaming this and UA-Cal. Both are off to UGLY starts. Pac 12 not showcasing itself very well thus far.
You can rely on @nwhoopfan to not sugarcoat anything. He calls it as he is seeing it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gosh, I just want to see teams play well. Is that asking for so much? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah, but all 3 had been starters since Brown was injured. Leaving Thropay out of the starting lineup for Senior Day is the notable part.
Rueck did not start all four seniors in 2017 in the final conference game of the year against Cal. It could have been because OSU needed that game to win the conference title outright.

Rueck got his lone walkon player in on Friday during an important part of the game in the third quarter. However, he is paid to win games and run a clean program. There is no guarantee for seniors to start. Easier for Washington to start Garcia and then take her out of the game immediately (to prevent further injury) after the tip rather for OSU to start Thropay for the opening tip and then take her out immediately. The Beavs were playing to host the first two rounds of the NCAA tourney. The Beavs could not afford to drop either of the two games to the Washington schools and remain in the hunt for a NCAA hosting seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom