Standing until we score a basket... a classic or past its prime? | The Boneyard

Standing until we score a basket... a classic or past its prime?

Standing until we score a basket

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Figured we'd need some lighter content these days... though I wonder how light this discussion will actually be.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Fwiw, I posed this question to Bazz on instagram just now and here's how he responded...

Screenshot_20220415-175240_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
Fwiw, I posed this question to Bazz on instagram just now and here's how he responded...

View attachment 75639

God I love shabazz. I remember I was talking so much ____ to Dez Wells at the Barclays center - my wife was threatening to leave - and Bazz came over and dapped me up after the game. All time favorite Husky.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
though I wonder how light this discussion will actually be.
Six comments in and you have your answer. Lol

I like the standing until the first basket tradition, but a new in-game tradition would be great also. I’m not creative enough to know what that could be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I honestly didn't even realize this was a tradition since I stood the whole game as a student.

Even now when I go to games I notice a good amount of people standing well into the first half even after the first basket is scored.

That said: Dope

Reaction Score
Six comments in and you have your answer. Lol

I like the standing until the first basket tradition, but a new in-game tradition would be great also. I’m not creative enough to know what that could be.
I supposed we could do handstands until the first basket. (But not me)

Reaction Score
It's tradition and IMO should be continued.

It used to be years ago you stood until the first Uconn basket. On made free throws you didn't sit.
The longest I remember standing was 6 plus minutes - I always referred to it as the 6 minute slumber.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If anyone was on the fence on this, Bazz's comment should have been sufficient to push you to continue to stand.

If anyone felt that we should stop standing, Bazz's comment should have been more than enough to convince you that you were wrong.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
my issue with this is it can be brutal to watch when they don't score a bucket for the first 3-5 minutes of the game or even worse when the first point is a solo free throw. (does not look good).

Reaction Score
This tradition stinks.

For the times it takes too long to score.

Every time when the first score happens and the entire place is instantly seated and becomes pin drop quiet.

If you want to stand and clap? Do it all game. Oh and doing it in visiting arenas is even more stupid.

Reaction Score
Some games the fans will throw toilet paper onto the court after the first basket is made, for a rivalry game, forget which game it was.

Reaction Score
Is the physical fitness of our state that poor so that we can’t stand for ~5 to watch us not score?
Last 5 years of my husband's life, paralyzed on the left side used to have me help him get out of his wheelchair and stand till the first basket. No easy task for either of us (me 5 ft 110, him 6'6 280).
If we could do it almost anyone else can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom