Stamford's Omar Fortt feeling better, ready to 'ball' for UConn football (Bonjour @ Hearst) | The Boneyard

Stamford's Omar Fortt feeling better, ready to 'ball' for UConn football (Bonjour @ Hearst)

Reaction Score

-> Now, Fortt’s back in Storrs, preparing for another go-round with the Huskies as he recovers from surgery to correct a joint disorder in his left knee known as osteochondritis dissecans. “The knee is feeling better than ever,” Fortt said, appearing in good spirits last week at UConn Football media day. “I gained about 14 pounds this offseason. I think mentally, physically and emotionally I’m prepared and ready for the season.” <-

-> The 6-foot senior is now up to 223 pounds — from 186 as a freshman — and has been able to keep most of his speed while adding more power to his personal makeup. That figures to bode well for the St. Luke’s-New Canaan product, who has been nothing short of versatile during his time as a Husky.“Now I’m 223 — no more little guy, no more outside corner guy,” Fortt said, smiling. “If coach Randy Edsall wants to put me out there I definitely will play it, but I’m embracing the role as a weakside linebacker.”

Fortt has impressed coaches with his work ethic, and although he is still ramping back into form physically, he has displayed good quickness “Omar did an outstanding job this past spring,” defensive coordinator Lou Spanos said. “You see his speed. It’s nice to see him mature over the years.” <-

-> “Everyone’s come together. Everyone’s buying into the program,” Fortt said. “That’s all we can ask for.” <-

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is a fantastic story and all the best foe a great kid with his head screwed on the correct way. I hope he shines this season

Reaction Score
223, ten pounds more than listed. Looking forward to attending the open practice.

Reaction Score
Look for him to be a beast this fall—and the NFL will be watching.
7E1BA508-2C6A-4686-B4B8-00D9BF1A1570.jpeg

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I love this guy! Awesome young man! Let's go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom