Staley: I Just Want A Decision! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Staley: I Just Want A Decision!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
According to Dawn, if the NCAA approves Cooper's waiver petition she's going to play. In other words, there's no such thing as approval coming too late. If the NCAA grants the petition and there are only a handful of games left in the season, Cooper is going to play. The reason appears to be that if Cooper has to wait until next season to play she'll only be able to play 2 years at SC before her 5th calendar year runs out. Remember, student-athlete get 5 calendar years to complete 4 seasons of competition. A student-athlete can petition for a 6th year but Dawn doesn't expect Cooper to do that.

I genuinely believe this is about a word or two out of Tennessee, which still is one of the big Sistahs of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Just speculating but the NCAA may be waiting for information from Tenn and Tenn is taking their time providing it. I would guess that if the NCAA had all the necessary information they could process the request for a waiver in a day if they wanted.

Reaction Score
Just speculating but the NCAA may be waiting for information from Tenn and Tenn is taking their time providing it. I would guess that if the NCAA had all the necessary information they could process the request for a waiver in a day if they wanted.
If I'm Tennessee I slow walk whatever it is they are asking for. Make 'em wait until after the SEC tourney.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Actually that makes quite a bit of sense given Dawn's recent tweet to the NCAA reminding then that TN had no restrictions on Cooper's transfer.

Reaction Score
She's got a point. What in the world takes this long? It's sort of a pocket veto... by the time Dawn gets a "Yes" she'll have to weight that against a year of eligibility. Maybe that's what motivates the delay -- the NCAA wants to discourage other coaches. It's the "no decision is a decision" model.
If it want for the US Congress the NCAA would easily be the most inefficient and bureaucratic organization out here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
When has the NCAA ever been quick to issue rulings on waiver requests? I can't think of one time. I was pretty baffled when Dawn was saying that they were expecting a decision within about a week of submitting the request. I thought that would be about the fastest turnaround time I'd ever seen from the overlords in Indy.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Isn't this year counting as a year of eligibility regardless if she's cleared or not?

Yes, so even if she's only able to play in the postseason, it's worth it. Yea or nay, the NCAA just needs to decide.

They waited until fall semester grades were in, only to show that Te'a was "settled in". The NCAA just needs to drop the fact that transfers have to sit a year. Yes, I know there would be a lot more transfers, but regular students don't have a waiting period when they transfer.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom