staff checking out local kids | The Boneyard

staff checking out local kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Anyone who saw Smith from SCSU play aganst UConn knows the Ollie could have used this kid as a backup for this year.
So, if he is going to pass out scholarships to walk ons, he would be prudent to scout local potential.

Reaction Score
Anyone who saw Smith from SCSU play aganst UConn knows the Ollie could have used this kid as a backup for this year.
So, if he is going to pass out scholarships to walk ons, he would be prudent to scout local potential.

these are kids playing at CT prep schools, not really the same situation

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Tylon Smith went for 0 points, 6 assists, 2 rebs, 5 turnovers, and 5 fouls in 31 minutes against UConn.

That game convinced you that he is the backup we need?

Reaction Score
Hes not the backup uconn needs but the back up uconn deserves.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Tylon Smith went for 0 points, 6 assists, 2 rebs, 5 turnovers, and 5 fouls in 31 minutes against UConn.

That game convinced you that he is the backup we need?
I could give you a similar stat line on Boat, Bazz and Kemba during their careers. You have to see the talent behind one game. His body of work for two years not counted? This wasn't the kid's best game but he showed he could play.
What do think TSam's state line would be if he were on Southern playing head ups with a healthy Boat. And how many fouls would Boat draw on TSam over the course of a game. We know there would be more than 5 turnovers and no assists. And what would the stat line for the two walk ons with scholarships be against our front line
If you can't see that getting a legit D-2 point or JC for 10 minutes a game is better than watching TSam, and Sam Jr bounce the ball for thirty seconds before turning it over, there is not much I can say. But, if Ollie doesn't come up with someone next year other than Adams....
We are not going to win a lot of games unless Adams is as good as Rose as a freshman.

Reaction Score
pnow15 said:
Anyone who saw Smith from SCSU play aganst UConn knows the Ollie could have used this kid as a backup for this year. So, if he is going to pass out scholarships to walk ons, he would be prudent to scout local potential.

The walkons getting scholarships is a non-issue. It's only because they were going unused, and they can be retracted the following year with no issues at all. The walkons will be happy to get the one year paid for unexpectedly.

Bring someone in on scholarship and you really have to keep them on one (not by rule, but by ethics), or encourage them to transfer.

Reaction Score
I used to watch Tylon play at Kingwood. Kid has unbelievable strength for his body size. He averaged 19, 6, and 5 last year and put up three 30 point games. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench.

Reaction Score
Tylon got a lot of tick in prep because of his pops . He would have no business on uconns bench. Dan guest was much much better than smith on the aau circuit and he is a walkon for us

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
These are kids with P5 offers already. To suggest that players from Eastern CT can only be walk-ons is ludicrous.

Reaction Score
Like those 2 names won't be confused, especially on the Boneyard.

Hopefully they wont be, since mixing up their first and last names gets you awful close to a famous name for awful reasons, Amadou Diallo

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I must be getting old and the world is getting smaller; recruits from Corona NY and Queens NY are now local.

Chris Smith and Tyler Olander were local back in my day, when I walked to school uphill, both ways, during snow storms, when they didn't cancel school due to flurries.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Like those 2 names won't be confused, especially on the Boneyard.

And now for a reference only longtime MLS fans will get:
diallo.jpg

Mamadou "Big Mama" Diallo ^

Reaction Score
I could give you a similar stat line on Boat, Bazz and Kemba during their careers. You have to see the talent behind one game. His body of work for two years not counted? This wasn't the kid's best game but he showed he could play.
What do think TSam's state line would be if he were on Southern playing head ups with a healthy Boat. And how many fouls would Boat draw on TSam over the course of a game. We know there would be more than 5 turnovers and no assists. And what would the stat line for the two walk ons with scholarships be against our front line
If you can't see that getting a legit D-2 point or JC for 10 minutes a game is better than watching TSam, and Sam Jr bounce the ball for thirty seconds before turning it over, there is not much I can say. But, if Ollie doesn't come up with someone next year other than Adams....
We are not going to win a lot of games unless Adams is as good as Rose as a freshman.

Do you realize how stupid you sound saying anything that implies that Samuels isn't a solid rotational player on a high D-1 level? Because you're putting your opinion against the FACT that he was a key rotational player ON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.

Honestly, what causes people to want to show others that they can say stuff this dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom