St. Johns/Lehigh | The Boneyard

St. Johns/Lehigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SJU down 14 halfway thru first half.. Wow it is going to be ugly when they go down to Lexington in a few weeks

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lehigh sucks, so I expect St. Johns to come back and win this. If they don't, they are going to have a rough November/December.

It is clear that SJU will be a lot better in 2 months though. There is some talent on this team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They have talent. Very raw talent. Not much size, though. I think Oriakhi and Drummond will eat them alive.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I get that Lavin has to keep pressing because there is no other way for this team to learn, but this SJU press is a mess.

Why is Lehigh playing such an aggressive man D? SJU is getting to the hole at will. They got to back up. Let SJU take some 3's. They won't hit many.

Reaction Score
god'sgift meet Mr Drummond... we kill this team

Reaction Score
Nate Blue didn't like the fact that Uconn "was turning into Villanova" with a guard dominated team. And now Harkless is their PF and backup center.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nate Blue didn't like the fact that Uconn "was turning into Villanova" with a guard dominated team. And now Harkless is their PF and backup center.
when was uconn turning into a guard dominated team?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
God's Gift has some real talent. This kid is gonna be very good in a year or two.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was all spin by Blue to keep things from getting ugly. I forgot what took place to get them upset with JC. It's all water under the bridge. I believe UConn will end up better in the long run and that's what counts. Keeps me tempered from all the daily dramas.

Reaction Score
God's Gift has some real talent. This kid is gonna be very good in a year or two.

Hopefully in one year if you are a SJU fan because he is a junior/

Reaction Score
when was uconn turning into a guard dominated team?

That is how Blue saw it because we had signed so many wings with Lamb, Roscoe, Niels, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, and then Harkless. He didn't want Harkless to be Shane Clark, as he put it, i.e. a wing playing out of position at PF. He was running off at the mouth and then tweeted about how Drummond wasn't going to go to UConn either, prob UNC or Duke. I have no beef with him because he is pro-UConn but he jumped the gun in writing off our program and now he looks stupid.

Reaction Score
Yea I have seen Blue say some very positive things about Uconn in the past year. I can't entirely blame him for the Harkless situation because as biased as I may be, things weren't exactly looking on the up and up 20 months ago or so when he decommitted. Those statements sure turned out dumb though.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hopefully in one year if you are a SJU fan because he is a junior/

Oh, he's a juco transfer? Makes sense...he seems pretty polished for a freshman.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That is how Blue saw it because we had signed so many wings with Lamb, Roscoe, Niels, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, and then Harkless. He didn't want Harkless to be Shane Clark, as he put it, i.e. a wing playing out of position at PF. He was running off at the mouth and then tweeted about how Drummond wasn't going to go to UConn either, prob UNC or Duke. I have no beef with him because he is pro-UConn but he jumped the gun in writing off our program and now he looks stupid.
Yeah I forgot this. Thanks.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
During the game, the announcer said that he decommitted because UConn was under investigation by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Great comeback W by SJU to gut it out, considering they were down at least 16 at one point.

I definitely feel a more vested interest in the Big East teams we still have this year, since certain ones have decided to leave. Really glad SJU didn't lose this one.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Harkless looks impresive

On offense he was ok. On defense, he was a one man defensive breakdown machine.

Lehigh is one of the worst 50 teams in the country, otherwise St. Johns goes down tonight.

Reaction Score
Would have liked to have Harkless but if we had him we would not have a player that we have now. So it has worked out for us , we will see if it works out for Harkless. And I hope it does.

Reaction Score
This St. John's team reminds me a lot of the 2007 Uconn team. They've got some really talented pieces and if they stick together for 2-3 years, you have to think they'll be awfully good down the road. Lindsey's a nice player (terrible free throw shooter though), Harkless makes some poor decisions but his talent is undeniable. They're problem this year is that they have one true post player on the roster.

Reaction Score
That was two bad teams. there were times it looked like a couple of high school teams out there. I'll give them some benefit of the doubt because it was their opener. But unless the Johnnies really improve, they are going to be gawdawful this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom