St. Johns is gonna really suck this year | The Boneyard

St. Johns is gonna really suck this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
It Appears Amir Garrett, Jakaar Sampson and Norvel Pelle all didnt qualify for this year according to multiple tweets on twitter

Reaction Score
I also saw that they're trying to get them eligible for 2nd semester. I guess Harkless won't have that much of a log jam afterall.

Reaction Score
i felt they were going to surprise alot of teams this year

Reaction Score
This is the required The Big East needs St Johns to be good post. Although patently not true, someone always posts it on every St Johns thread. Consider it done.

The Big East needs St Johns to be good.

Reaction Score
96Dom Pointer, SF

POS RANK SF #6 HT 6'6''WT 195 lbs.HS Quality Education Academy, MI

96Maurice Harkless, SF

POS RANK SF #10 HT 6'6''WT 200 lbs.HS South Kent School, NY

94D'Angelo Harrison, SG

POS RANK SG #16 HT 6'3''WT 180 lbs.HS John Foster Dulles High, TX

91Phillip Greene, SG

POS RANK SG #41 HT 6'2''WT 170 lbs.HS IMG Academy, IL

85Nurideen Lindsey, SG

HT 6'4''WT 185 lbs.HS Redlands Community College, PA

40God's Gift Achiuwa, C

HT 6'9''WT 0 lbs.HS Erie Community College, NY

That's still a pretty damn good class. Lindsey and Godsgift are better then those ratings

Reaction Score
But their center's WT is 0 pounds- he will have a hard time in the paint and should eat 300 chickens before the season starts.

Reaction Score
I'm not shocked in the least.....Sampson and Pelle always were big question marks.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Are you worried about Harrick getting players eligible?

>> Coach Harrick's son, Jim Harrick, Jr., a Georgia assistant, got into trouble for giving an "A" to s players for a basketball strategy class even though they never attended the class. An NCAA investigation not only substantiated the previously mentioned violations, but the NCAA placed Georgia on four years' probation for the violations. It also forced the Bulldogs to vacate half of its wins from 2001–02 and all of its wins from 2002–03—30 games in all. Harrick, Jr. was slapped with a seven-year "show-cause" order for his role in the academic fraud, as well as telling two of the players involved to lie to the NCAA. The "show-cause" effectively blackballed him from the college ranks until 2011 at the earliest<<\\

oh it's not that UCLA thief---it's the other one..,,,,,Lavin was the "hear no evil see no evil" assistant for Harrick at UCLA......

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
But their center's WT is 0 pounds- he will have a hard time in the paint and should eat 300 chickens before the season starts.
Are you crazy?

At zero lbs he can jump through the roof!

caw

Reaction Score
Ohh how things change:

“When there are too many issues, I don’t know how to pick one,” Blue said Friday afternoon. “Look at this roster: Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier, Jeremy Lamb, Jamaal Coombs-McDaniel, Niels Giffey, Roscoe Smith, Maurice Harkless – and they’re still trying to bring in another guard. None of those guys can play the four spot. Not one of them. So that’s like, eight guys on the roster who play the 1, 2 or 3.”

Blue also said that Connecticut’s switch from being a team led by big men who can block shots and rebound to a perimeter-oriented group was a key factor.

“I don’t think they have really improved enough to scare anyone,” he said. “I think they’re going ‘small’ and I’m not into small ball. They switched their style of play by switching their roster to a guard roster. We signed up for old UConn, not new. They turned into Villanova. He’s too talented to be Shane Clark.”

And now St. John's in Harkless' first semester/year is:
Starting Lineup

PG: Nurideen Lindsey, SG 6'4'' 185 lbs.
SG: D'Angelo Harrison, SG 6'3'' 180 lbs.
SF: Dom Pointer, SF 6'6'' 195 lbs.
PF: Maurice Harkless, SF 6'6'' 200 lbs.
C: God's Gift Achiuwa, C 6'9''

6th Man (?)Phillip Greene, SG 6'2'' 170 lbs.
7th Man (?)Malik Stith 5'11" 184lbs.

Well at least he will get a ton of playing time for St. John's, but I doubt he sees a minute at the 3 for awhile.

Reaction Score
Ya thats what happens when you recruit thugs lol @ sju

Reaction Score
We will crush him like peanuts on pad thai when we play them. He will be like "what did I do"- then spend the next two days icing down from the beating- I almost feel bad for him having to bang with AO, AD, RS, TO, DD- man- that's gonna hurt.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
yikes!

i find myself hoping the don't do well. i disagree with people who think SJU needs to be good for the sake of the Big East.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sju will lose to deapul this year. mark it down. for the next 2 years, they will have no flow on O, no matter the lineup they play. they will however be a top 3 team every year in the a10.

Reaction Score
Can't say I'm surprised nor scrambling to find the box of tissues to dry my eyes
No love for the Johnnies here but competitive games are fun to watch regardless.
That said I do enjoy watching a good whoopin' as long as its not my/our a$$es getting whooped.:cool:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Let's face it ... with limited talent (albeit experienced) last year, players he inherited from the great Norm Roberts, Lavin coached the team to some impressive victories. I know they're totally starting over and yes, losing 3 players is a huge blow, but I don't expect them to be the bottom feeders everyone predicts.

You have to wonder if these kids will enroll at all at St. Johns though ... especially Garrett, who was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals.

And what's with calling high school kids, whom we know almost nothing about other than basketball, thugs?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
And what's with calling high school kids, whom we know almost nothing about other than basketball, thugs?

I agree. Lots of kids have academic problems. That doesn't make them thugs.

As for SJU basketball, the team will have only seven scholarship players, most of them freshmen, as the season begins. The Johnnies will struggle badly this year.

Reaction Score
Remember the good old days last winter when St Johns thought they had passed us by? Yeah, they must have been in heaven.

Reaction Score
Remember the good old days last winter when St Johns thought they had passed us by? Yeah, they must have been in heaven.
Better yet, I remember the day when UConn passed them by. They haven't caught up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom