Squid's #4 UK starts 4 frosh and 1 soph | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Squid's #4 UK starts 4 frosh and 1 soph

Reaction Score
Lots of talk about players paid but nothing to back it up. Seriously, as close as the NCAA looks for things it couldn’t be kept under wraps forever. These coaches now have a golden goose and at Calipari’s level as long as his team is in the hunt they won’t fire him so i ask how and how much are these players getting paid and by whom?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is his best job, kids play defense unlike many of his recent teams

That's the key - The Squid realized its easier to teach kids to play D that offensive schemes. Once they find success on D their offense will flow from the D. It's something that is universal in constant action sports like basketball and soccer
Squid used this - and it works
You don't need 4 and 5 star talent players to play good D

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
K is paying players. Cal has cheated in the past but I don't think he has to anymore. He can sell kids on being a top 10 pick way easier than any other coach.

I just think it's a strange thought that all these other Top 10 guys are bagging money, but the one's that go to UK aren't. That doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
I just think it's a strange thought that all these other Top 10 guys are bagging money, but the one's that go to UK aren't. That doesn't make sense to me.
They're all bagging money?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They're all bagging money?

I would expect most. In some form or fashion. I think it's naive to believe otherwise. The FBI think was only the tip of the iceberg imo.

Reaction Score
This roster seemed liked it was going to be the worst UK team in a while. There was a ton of concern from UK fans, especially after that Duke beat down. Insane to say considering they still have like 7 5* kids but it is also their least talented roster, at least for NBA talent. The best UK teams have been stacked with top 3-5 recruits and the best recruit this season is #10. Give Cal credit for a great coaching job. Landing the best grad transfer didn't hurt. I think they are missing something for a championship run but you never know in March.

Reaction Score
I would expect most. In some form or fashion. I think it's naive to believe otherwise. The FBI think was only the tip of the iceberg imo.
They are. Do not let anyone else tell you otherwise. The NCAA and high major recruiting is as corrupt as things can be and everyone, from Emmert to Coach K(outside the FBI) is fully aware of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom