Spring Practice #7 | The Boneyard

Spring Practice #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Monday was practice 5, UConn called this practice 8 in earlier release, Des calling it practice 7 - So title can admittedly be wrong---

Either way:

desmondconner 11:58am via TweetDeck
#UConnFootball coach Bob Diaco on Practice 7: Good practice, guys energetic, they brought and are bringing it

desmondconner 11:58am via TweetDeck
Diaco: "Sounds like it looks like it, feels like" guys working on their game

desmondconner 12:02pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: not ready to name a guy above the rest at QB today but getting close. Shirreffs good in red zone, though, which is big

desmondconner 12:02pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Boyle making better decisions through seven practices

desmondconner 12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco:Ryan Crozer experiement at center is a success

desmondconner 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: wants eight ready to go on OL

desmondconner 12:10pm via TweetDeck
Diaco...batlles going on at cornerback inside linebacker.and next man in defenseive end

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This re-affirms what we read the other day.

Diaco wants his five best linemen on the line. He's trying to figure out where to put them. Eight total but best five up front.

Shirreff's in the lead for QB. I read this from red zone production and "better decisions" from Boyle.

Reaction Score
Glad to see battles going on at CB, ILB and DE... I think those are the 3 spots on D with some question marks... I'd put them in this order: CB, DE, ILB....

Reaction Score
Pick a damned quarterback. I read all the Boyle comments as playing to the crowd but not reality. If he's our best 0-12 is not just on the table but front and center there. And no more key B-squaders either. We either have A quarterback or we no quarterbacks.

Reaction Score
Pick a damned quarterback. I read all the Boyle comments as playing to the crowd but not reality. If he's our best 0-12 is not just on the table but front and center there. And no more key B-squaders either. We either have A quarterback or we no quarterbacks.
I want an oompa loompa now daddy. ;)
th

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
He has already said they will name a starter at the end of Spring. That is fine IMO. Keeps the competition up while giving the starter time to get full reps in summer camp before the season starts.

Reaction Score

They have a JUCO coming in the fall. If I'm Diaco, I make sure he has a fair shot. Competition makes everyone sharper. So he shouldn't rush this decision.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
One of the best movies of all time if you grew up as a kid in that era....
You guys are nuts. That movie freaked me the hell out. I'm 47 and Willie Wonka still makes my skin crawl. The fact that I also grew up to look like an Oompa Loompa is just another reason to dislike it.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
They have a JUCO coming in the fall. If I'm Diaco, I make sure he has a fair shot. Competition makes everyone sharper. So he shouldn't rush this decision.

Right. But I would rather have him competing against one guy than all of them. Otherwise we end up where we were last year.

Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. That movie freaked me the hell out. I'm 47 and Willie Wonka still makes my skin crawl. The fact that I also grew up to look like an Oompa Loompa is just another reason to dislike it.

I have no idea why people like this movie.

I'd be more comfortable with my kids staying at Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch for a weekend then them spending one day with Wee Willie Wonka.

Reaction Score
7 practices into Spring Ball. Relax.
After last years qb follies wth no true #1 bringing in backups to kill momentum and all the other strange stuff, I just want what most solid teams have...a clear cut #1 who plays every down unless we are up 30 or down 30 with under 5 minutes to play.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have no idea why people like this movie.

Because even though he was broke as hell, and even though Gene Wilder gave him the third degree for the burp-a-cola incident, he refused to sell the everlasting gobstopper to Slughorn like the other pig-slob-bratty-rich kids wanted to. And so shines a good deed in a weary world...

Reaction Score
IT freaked me out as well.

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
Because even though he was broke as hell, and even though Gene Wilder gave him the third degree for the burp-a-cola incident, he refused to sell the everlasting gobstopper to Slughorn like the other pig-slob-bratty-rich kids wanted to. And so shines a good deed in a weary world...
Greatest thread derailment ever. Loved the movie. I thought Johnny Depp did a great job in the remake as well.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Greatest thread derailment ever. Loved the movie. I thought Johnny Depp did a great job in the remake as well.

I gave you a "like" for the thread derailment comment and for your enjoyment of the original. However, I hated the Johnny Depp version. He was beyond creepy, and the Oompa Loompas in the new movie were ridiculous. They all looked like my uncle Tony... ;)

Reaction Score
This re-affirms what we read the other day.

Diaco wants his five best linemen on the line. He's trying to figure out where to put them. Eight total but best five up front.

Shirreff's in the lead for QB. I read this from red zone production and "better decisions" from Boyle.

If I see another chop block penalty I don't know what my reaction will be, but it won't be good.

Reaction Score
My 7 year old grandson has seen both , loved the original ,
his school just did it as a play. But he thought Johny Depp's version was creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom