Spring Game/Basketball Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please UConn screw parades.

Have a celebration at the Spring Game.

The 3:00 start is perfect. Have parking lot rallies at 12:30 and 1:30. Have celebrations on the field pre game and at the half.

Have everyone on the field after.

Instant legitimate crowd for football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have Ollie 'coach' one team and Geno 'coach' the other.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about we cut down the nets first?

I should have written it before tonight - Final Four trips are worth celebrating.

I'm not assuming they win - well I assume the women will win but that's not based on anything other than they always win.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
So your OP was begging UCONN to cancel our "Final Four trip" parades? Never been to one of those.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So your OP was begging UCONN to cancel our "Final Four trip" parades? Never been to one of those.

Like I said I do assume the women will win.

We did have a parade for one NHL playoff series....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry I think leveraging the basketball success to get people to turn out to the Spring Game is a good idea.

Sorry if it seemed I tempted fate and it read like I assume they will win Monday.

Sorry if I think the teams are worth celebrating even if they lose Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry if I don't believe in message board mojo or that anything anyone posts here impacts anything that happens anywhere.

Bring on 3k people and let's kick it off with trying to run it from the offensive goalline.

Reaction Score
I've always like you whaler. I've always liked you.

Bring it. UCONN. Get everybody to the spring game. EVERYONE!!!!!

and BTW: on Tuesday we'll be looking toward a ring for the thumb.

Reaction Score
40,ooo at the spring game would be fun. Even if half left before football started it would be 5 times our normal spring game crowd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
40,ooo at the spring game would be fun. Even if half left before football started it would be 5 times our normal spring game crowd.

40? I was pushing for 15.

Give people a reason to stay: People love free stupid t shirts.

Half the crowd gets a white voucher. Half the crowd gets a blue voucher. If your team wins you get it leaving after the game.

You've got 3 days to figure out what to put on the shirt. If you want to print them early go with UConn Spring Game 14 on the front. Put some sponsor on the top on the back and go with 15 all timers underneath in alphabetical order (my suggestions won't be - or whatever 15 float your boat)

Orlovsky, Todman, Brown, Kemba, Okafor, Napier, Butler, Hamilton, Marshall, Allen, Smith, Sales, Lobo, Bird, Taurasi.

Or pay homage to the original double national championship.

Or put the football bowl games on the back with an empty space for 2014.

Or put Calhoun, Geno, Ollie and Diaco on the front and put 2014 spring game on the back.

Or put the Fiesta Bowl with all the Final Fours for both programs on the back.

Put anything on it that brings the three programs together.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've always like you whaler. I've always liked you.

Bring it. UCONN. Get everybody to the spring game. EVERYONE!!!!!

and BTW: on Tuesday we'll be looking toward a ring for the thumb.

If Memorial was still standing I'd meet you there to run the stairs for a while right now.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Sorry I think leveraging the basketball success to get people to turn out to the Spring Game is a good idea. Sorry if it seemed I tempted fate and it read like I assume they will win Monday. Sorry if I think the teams are worth celebrating even if they lose Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Sorry if I don't believe in message board mojo or that anything anyone posts here impacts anything that happens anywhere. Bring on 3k people and let's kick it off with trying to run it from the offensive goalline.

I can't like this enough.

Reaction Score
IF there is a parade it either needs to be Sunday or begin/finish at the Rent. One of those buses where people roam around up top is safe on 84 right?

Reaction Score
Sorry I think leveraging the basketball success to get people to turn out to the Spring Game is a good idea.

Sorry if it seemed I tempted fate and it read like I assume they will win Monday.

Sorry if I think the teams are worth celebrating even if they lose Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry if I don't believe in message board mojo or that anything anyone posts here impacts anything that happens anywhere.

Bring on 3k people and let's kick it off with trying to run it from the offensive goalline.

Yeah. I don't get the mojo thing and I'm so sick of seeing that hideous scrotum all over the board. That goes away Tuesday yes?

Reaction Score
Yeah. I don't get the mojo thing and I'm so sick of seeing that hideous scrotum all over the board. That goes away Tuesday yes?
senhor-testiculo-03.jpg

Senhor Testiculo will never go away. He will live forever in the hearts and minds of Husky fans.

Reaction Score
I wonder if there will be some effort to capitalize on all the b a l l s a c k mojo for the spring game event.

and BTW: I told y'all on Tuesday we'll be looking forward to a ring to put on the thumb. It's Tuesday.

When you're prepared, you're confident, and when you're prepared and confident you win more than you lose, and when you're prepared, and confident and have worked hard enough and competed hard enough, you earn the opportunity to compete on great stages, and when you get there, and you're prepared and confident and have the opportunity, great players make great plays, and then you win titles.

UCONN Football had it in the not too distant past, I hope we get back to winning titles again - soon.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree here. We need to unite the fanbase for football and a huge spring turnout is a good start. Sell season tix at the game too. Need to pack the Rent in 2014.

Reaction Score
IF there is a parade it either needs to be Sunday or begin/finish at the Rent. One of those buses where people roam around up top is safe on 84 right?

If you have the parade downtown, then you just need to shut down the Founders Bridge for a very short period of time (about 1/4 of the amount of time that it is shut down for the Marathon).

Have the parade begin at the Capitol, do a 3/4 loop around downtown, get on Route 2 and go straight to The Rent.

The 3 o'clock kickoff makes this a breeze. Start at 10 am, and the entire parade is at East Hartford by noon, when the gates open up.

Reaction Score
Interesting forecast with morning showers then gradual improvement and 68! Should be good by noon with sun mixing in as the afternoon progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom