Spring Game, April 11, 3:00 | The Boneyard

Spring Game, April 11, 3:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd like to see them for once make it mean something. Tell the kids "your scholarship depends on how you do in this spring game"(LMAO just to bust their balls) and then pit the 1st team offense against 1st team D, 2nd team offense vs 2nd team D and move kids up or down(during the game) depending on how they play. If they suck and blow an assignment move them down from 1 to 2. If they make a great play bump them up from 2 to 1 and bump somebody else down. Guaranteed that would be a lot more entertaining than what you'd normally see and t0 hell with this whiny "we don't want anyone to get hurt" BS. What happens when September comes? Better they mend their weak little wings in the spring than week 1 of the season. "The Bear" didn't baby his charges, neither did Knute Rockne. Lets be like them for a change.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see them for once make it mean something. Tell the kids "your scholarship depends on how you do in this spring game"(LMAO just to bust their balls) and then pit the 1st team offense against 1st team D, 2nd team offense vs 2nd team D and move kids up or down(during the game) depending on how they play. If they suck and blow an assignment move them down from 1 to 2. If they make a great play bump them up from 2 to 1 and bump somebody else down. Guaranteed that would be a lot more entertaining than what you'd normally see and t0 hell with this whiny "we don't want anyone to get hurt" BS. What happens when September comes? Better they mend their weak little wings in the spring than week 1 of the season. "The Bear" didn't baby his charges, neither did Knute Rockne. Lets be like them for a change.

Yes we should nuke the program for our own personal enjoyment.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

jiFfM.jpg

Reaction Score

Are you the guy that was sitting right behind the recruits yelling at every receiver who didn't make the catch "they don't drop those passes at Florida State!" ? I was a few rows in front of that idiot sitting with the recruits so I can guarantee they all heard it over and over.
(I'm sure it wasn't you but he liked your post - lol)

Reaction Score
Are you the guy that was sitting right behind the recruits yelling at every receiver who didn't make the catch "they don't drop those passes at Florida State!" ? I was a few rows in front of that idiot sitting with the recruits so I can guarantee they all heard it over and over.
(I'm sure it wasn't you but he liked your post - lol)

Honestly, that might've been me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Looking forward to the Spring Game as always.

Reaction Score
Hope there is a real spring game this year as have not had real one for couple of years and if you want to change season results you have to change lot of things and this should be one of them.While obviously not same as regular game, it is closest you will get as it does haves some elements of a real game as keep score, crowd at game, band, cheerleaders, etc. Not saying that you judge your roster based on that, but no accident from many top programs you will hear about guys who went into training camp as starter or moved up in contention due to spring game performance. Maybe if some spots are in the balance you will at least have chance of seeing whose motor runs a little harder, and who steps up or tightens up in game like situations. Also gets our exhibition season out of the way in spring, not in September.

Reaction Score
Yes we should nuke the program for our own personal enjoyment.
Nuke the program? I think it's beyond being nuked already. How bout they start treating the "Spring Game" like a real game for a change, they can't have enough of those type of situations, and give the participants something to actually win or lose.

Reaction Score
Last years spring game was still better than that drill practice PP had at Rentshler 2 years ago. Once I heard the spring game format for that year, any desire to go immediately evaporated.

Reaction Score
Nuke the program? I think it's beyond being nuked already. How bout they start treating the "Spring Game" like a real game for a change, they can't have enough of those type of situations, and give the participants something to actually win or lose.

Your buddies lit the fuse.

Reaction Score
Although PP drill session was an eyesore, I was never deterred from going to this. I think it's such a great time and really look forward to it this year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Haven't been to one yet, but gonna try to make it this year, and plan on bringing the wife and kids. Based on old threads, the Spring Game seems like a lot of fun!
I don't know how old your kids are, but I brought my 2 1/2 year old last year and she had a blast - mostly just from running around on the field after the game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just looking forward to seeing some football after college basketball season and while baseball is just starting out.

Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I look at how that date is only about 7 weeks away and can't help but feel like the field/lots will be a.covered in snow b.entirely mud

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I look at how that date is only about 7 weeks away and can't help but feel like the field/lots will be a.covered in snow b.entirely mud

I'm curious how there is a college baseball season in northeast.

Reaction Score
I'm curious how there is a college baseball season in northeast.
They go down south and play weekend tournies until April. The Huskies got romped by Florida Atlantic in their opener 16-5. Gotta wonder what kinda reps they've gotten so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom