Spring game 4/21 @ 7 pm (Parking lots open @ Noon) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Spring game 4/21 @ 7 pm (Parking lots open @ Noon)

Reaction Score
Skanes, Dixon and Ayala should be tough for any D to handle. I like what I saw from all 3. Would love to see Lashlee get them involved and make the opposing Def backfields really chase them.

Reaction Score
Skanes, Dixon and Ayala should be tough for any D to handle. I like what I saw from all 3. Would love to see Lashlee get them involved and make the opposing Def backfields really chase them.
Dixon was one of the top five players in the state as a HS senior, he can throw the ball too.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Really liked what I saw from Beals. Had a great freshman campaign and then Bobby forgot about him for most of last year, but he looked really good. Our skill position guys looked 100x better than I anticipated. Biggest weakness looked to be defensive secondary and run blocking.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Really liked what I saw from Beals. Had a great freshman campaign and then Bobby forgot about him for most of last year, but he looked really good. Our skill position guys looked 100x better than I anticipated. Biggest weakness looked to be defensive secondary and run blocking.
Cool, and regarding that secondary, I'm real excited about swan and Swenson making an early impact.

Reaction Score
Football Ends Spring Practice In High Gear

“That was just fun,” said redshirt senior quarterback Bryant Shirreffs. “It’s all about efficiency and I think the efficiency in the offense has been unbelievable. It’s a pleasure to be a part of. It’s encouraging to see productive plays and a lot of points being scored and seeing the defense tired. It’s a good feeling to see everybody smiling on the offense.”

“We executed some of the big plays on offense tonight that we weren’t making in the scrimmages,” Edsall said. “We have an offense that has the ability to make big plays and when you have that ability, you have to make sure you take advantage of them.”

Football Ends Spring Practice In High Gear

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller: Hergy Mayala among playmakers to shine in UConn spring game

>>"If all of those guys can emulate the work ethic, the commitment to get better that Hergy has, it would be really good," Edsall said. "That guy will be the leader of that group. What an example he sets for those kids."

So just what has Mayala done to catch Edsall's eye?

"I just happen to sit in my office, had a great view into the Shenkman facility and just see a guy out there, catching tennis balls, catching balls out of the JUGs machine, a guy who works really hard in practice," Edsall said. "He does the things in the weight room, you see him on film, he is finishing plays, he is running to the whistle, he is a guy that is not afraid to block you. You put on the film on, he goes out and works. I've been around quite a few guys like that, but he is one of those guys who gets it and has it."<<

Reaction Score
images-8.jpg
I'd guess around 2k.

Thank you. Looks like we beat out USC. Hey, a wins a win!

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller: Hergy Mayala among playmakers to shine in UConn spring game

>>"If all of those guys can emulate the work ethic, the commitment to get better that Hergy has, it would be really good," Edsall said. "That guy will be the leader of that group. What an example he sets for those kids."

So just what has Mayala done to catch Edsall's eye?

"I just happen to sit in my office, had a great view into the Shenkman facility and just see a guy out there, catching tennis balls, catching balls out of the JUGs machine, a guy who works really hard in practice," Edsall said. "He does the things in the weight room, you see him on film, he is finishing plays, he is running to the whistle, he is a guy that is not afraid to block you. You put on the film on, he goes out and works. I've been around quite a few guys like that, but he is one of those guys who gets it and has it."<<

More fromFuller w/ some stats and other thoughts (Hashemi/DeGeorge):

PASSING: Bryant Shirreffs 19 of 33, 310 yards, 2 TDs; Brandon Bisack 19 of 29, 222 yards, 1 TD

RUSHING: Ja'Kevious Vickers 9-54, Nate Hopkins 15-50 3 TDs, Arkeel Newsome 11-35

RECEIVING: Quayvon Skanes 7-75, Keyion Dixon 5-94, Tyraiq Beals 6-95 2 TDs, Hergy Mayala 3-111 1TD, Aaron McLean 3-57

TACKLES: Tyler Coyle 8, Tre Bell 6, Nazir Williams 6, Foley Fatukasi 6, Junior Joseph 5, Tahj Herring-Wilson 5, Vontae Diggs 5, Marshe Terry 5

SACKS: Fatukasi 2, Cole Ormsby, Cam Stapleton, AJ Garson

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom