Spring Concert 2017 | The Boneyard

Spring Concert 2017

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Name to be released soon

Reaction Score
Good times.. I remember way back when as a student... missed on the the Notorious BIG experience (Spring '94) because I finished up a year earlier... still all good though....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Somehow I doubt I'd recognize any of these acts. I think much has changed since my time. I still remember a great Spring Concert with Joan Jett, Modern English and others. Might have been 1987. MTV was there filming.

Reaction Score

Tower of Power???

I remember having Notorious BIG my freshman year, followed by Guster and Toad the Wet Sprocket ... ahh, I miss the mid-90s.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Somehow I doubt I'd recognize any of these acts. I think much has changed since my time. I still remember a great Spring Concert with Joan Jett, Modern English and others. Might have been 1987. MTV was there filming.
I was there as well. Cheap Trick played that year as well. My only regret is not seeing Stevei Ray Vaughan when he played. I wasn't into him at the time. Now I kick myself.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was there as well. Cheap Trick played that year as well. My only regret is not seeing Stevei Ray Vaughan when he played. I wasn't into him at the time. Now I kick myself.
Very glad I didn't make that mistake. First and only time I saw him. I remember playing hacky sack (!) with some friends towards the back of the crowd where there was more room and we were so compelled by the music that we abandoned the game to get closer to the stage. In retrospect I'm shocked that we were able to walk all the way up to the front, and I'll never forget it.

Reaction Score

Good Times. Brings back memories.

Reaction Score

888.jpg

Reaction Score

I have some friends still at Storrs... no one is really happy about this concert. So it's not just you. It seems like SUBOG and the Daily Campus have gone way down hill over the last decade

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have some friends still at Storrs... no one is really happy about this concert. So it's not just you. It seems like SUBOG and the Daily Campus have gone way down hill over the last decade

Who is it? Lil Uzi Vert? I have never heard of him, and find it hard to believe that hip hop is the most popular music style at UConn. They used to get actual, decent bands at this.

Reaction Score
Who is it? Lil Uzi Vert? I have never heard of him, and find it hard to believe that hip hop is the most popular music style at UConn. They used to get actual, decent bands at this.
Hip Hop and various forms of electronica probably do reach the lowest common denominator. The difference is no one cares about lil uzi vert.
Kendrick Lamar/Steve Aoki was a great show.

The concert also doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to since Spring Weekend was destroyed. I'll never donate a penny to the school because of that.

Reaction Score
Wow, what a terrible act. Is this the crap that supposedly intelligent educated young people are listening to?

Really seems to have gone way way down hill.

How about getting an actual band of musicians?

Glad Im not in college these days.

Reaction Score
Hip Hop and various forms of electronica probably do reach the lowest common denominator. The difference is no one cares about lil uzi vert.

The concert also doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to since Spring Weekend was destroyed. I'll never donate a penny to the school because of that.

Wow, JMick. I hope there aren't a lot of UCONN graduates who base their decision on whether or not to donate to their university because Spring Weekend was destroyed. Your 4 year experience must not have been very good.

Reaction Score
Wow, JMick. I hope there aren't a lot of UCONN graduates who base their decision on whether or not to donate to their university because Spring Weekend was destroyed. Your 4 year experience must not have been very good.
They killed the entire party scene after ending spring weekend and treated students like prisoners. They'll never get a dollar from me. So you can piss right off

Reaction Score
They killed the entire party scene after ending spring weekend and treated students like prisoners. They'll never get a dollar from me. So you can piss right off

You sound a little bit juvenile, to say the least.

Reaction Score
A long time ago. Well before 2010.
So you're completely out of touch with what occurred. Did you read the FOIA request about the plan to shut down spring weekend and turn it into shutting down as much partying as possible going forward? Did you know that for two years the entirety of carriage, celeron, and the houses on hunting lodge were overpoliced to the point where there were more cops patrolling than students walking down the street? Did you try to drive or walk home and get stopped by police requiring proof of residency to drive on a public state road?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So you're completely out of touch with what occurred. Did you read the FOIA request about the plan to shut down spring weekend and turn it into shutting down as much partying as possible going forward? Did you know that for two years the entirety of carriage, celeron, and the houses on hunting lodge were overpoliced to the point where there were more cops patrolling than students walking down the street? Did you try to drive or walk home and get stopped by police requiring proof of residency to drive on a public state road?
from NC, flew home on the Thursday night before the first time they essentially shut down campus for Spring Weekend. Came back Sunday and almost wasn't let back onto campus because my drivers license was from North Carolina. Its absolutely insane now.

Reaction Score
So you're completely out of touch with what occurred. Did you read the FOIA request about the plan to shut down spring weekend and turn it into shutting down as much partying as possible going forward? Did you know th at for two years the entirety of carriage, celeron, and the houses on hunting lodge were overpoliced to the point where there were more cops patrolling than students walking down the street? Did you try to drive or walk home and get stopped by police requiring proof of residency to drive on a public state road?

I am familiar with what happened relative to Spring Weekend. My point was (and still is) you are being small minded in your decision not to donate in the future to your alma mater.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom