Spots today | The Boneyard

Spots today

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m being a sore loser right now but I feel like ECU got 2-3 extra yards on several several plays and we were getting nothing. On one play the ref actually picked the the ball out of the centers hands and pushed us back! Oh well easy to pick these things apart when you lose.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We lost about 30 seconds on the final drive by timekeeper error. Killed us.
Yeah what happened? Was the clock running while they announced the penalty on us and brought the ball back? How does that happen at home and how do no refs notice?

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m being a sore loser right now but I feel like ECU got 2-3 extra yards on several several plays and we were getting nothing. On one play the ref actually picked the the ball out of the centers hands and pushed us back! Oh well easy to pick these things apart when you lose.

IDK, that play they just misplaced the ball, the ball was spotted on the first down marker when it was 3rd and 1

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We were thinking during the game that we were getting pretty good spots, especially from the Umpire.

Reaction Score
Yeah what happened? Was the clock running while they announced the penalty on us and brought the ball back? How does that happen at home and how do no refs notice?

They just stopped the clock like 8 seconds late 3-4 times. I was having an anxiety attack everytime a play ended.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Very confused time keeping. But we still had our chance.

The only consolation is we might not have won in OT.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That’s consolation!? I think if it goes to OT we are oozing momentum and had 7000 lunatics cheering them on!
As I said, consolation, which is rarely a good thing. Remember, they pretty much sat on the ball the last few possessions. That would've changed in OT. Of course I wanted OT, even though I was having heat stroke

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
How do the coaches not get them to take a look at that?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Already blew our challenge. Given that nature of the play, looking at it stops the clock anyways.
Can you even challenge a clock mistake? I'm thinking our coaches missed it as well and just didn't get in the refs ear fast enough.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can you even challenge a clock mistake? I'm thinking our coaches missed it as well and just didn't get in the refs ear fast enough.
Dont challenge just say hey look the clock is running

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Dont challenge just say hey look the clock is running
That's what I mean.....did the coaches also miss it? I've seen refs stop the clock and correct those kinds of errors many times. Sometimes they need to be alerted to it by the coaches.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That's what I mean.....did the coaches also miss it? I've seen refs stop the clock and correct those kinds of errors many times. Sometimes they need to be alerted to it by the coaches.
Everyone in the crowd was on top of it, unfortunately we were all on the other side of the field!

Reaction Score
Speaking of officials, I have to say, after that fiasco vs HC, we really haven't committed many penalties. Sign of a well-run and well-disciplined team if nothing else

Reaction Score
Timekeeper is supposed to be signaled by the refs when to start and stop the clock so I am wondering if that was where the problem was. Of course if your the home team timekeeper you should be using the "Home Team Advantage" time keeping method. ;)

Reaction Score
How about we throw the ball into the endzone and win the game. RE2 blew that game with his poor coaching at the end.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How about we throw the ball into the endzone and win the game. RE2 blew that game with his poor coaching at the end.

I dunno how much you can fault him. The Mason Donaldson play was bizarre. I was on the near sideline right near where he caught the ball, and I really thought he was out. May have taken a moment for Randy to even know that he wasn't ruled out, at which point a few valuable seconds had run off the clock

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom