Sports Illustrated Basketball issue is out. | The Boneyard

Sports Illustrated Basketball issue is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Some might say "out to lunch."

Suitable and deserved accolades are accorded to UConn women and Stewie in particular.

But Kaleena is omitted from their AA team, an egregious oversight in my view.

Reaction Score
In a way I don't mind the pundits not gushing over UCONN and our players. I would rather just go about our business and let the accolades come. We have a lot of talent but we don't know how the chemistry develops to make for a great team and therefore a great season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In a way I don't mind the pundits not gushing over UCONN and our players. I would rather just go about our business and let the accolades come. We have a lot of talent but we don't know how the chemistry develops to make for a great team and therefore a great season.
Mmm, kind of hard for that happen, we are who we are, but I agree with you in principal.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We have a lot of talent but we don't know how the chemistry develops to make for a great team and therefore a great season.

Sure we do. Master Chemist Auriemma simply goes into his lab (the Werth Champions Center) and concocts a formula that creates NC banners.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im thinking KML Stewart MoJeff and Stokes are all AAs this season. Players to watch. How bout KML Stewie MoJeff and Stokes. When Kiah gets her breakout game under her belt she will be a monster.

Reaction Score
SI article leads off:

"It's that time of year when clocks get reset, holiday songs get airtime and UCONN gets the preseason No. 1 ranking"

Top 5:
1-UCONN
2-USC
3-ND
4-TN
5-aTm

AA:
Mitchell
Loyd
Stewart
Harrison
Williams

UCONN Starting Lineup:
Jefferson
Tuck
Stewart
Stokes
Nurse

Obviously SI didn't pay any attention to the Boneyard, OR the starting lineup in the first exhibition game (although the mag may have already gone to press by then)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UCONN Starting Lineup:
Jefferson
Tuck
Stewart
Stokes
Nurse

Obviously SI didn't pay any attention to the Boneyard, OR the starting lineup in the first exhibition game (although the mag may have already gone to press by then)
They did NOT leave KML out of the starting line up. Please tell me this is a joke.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
That is just nutso! MoJet amd KML are prollly the #2 and 3 players in wcbb (not necessarily in that order). And they have KML not even STARTING? SHEESH!!!

Reaction Score
They did NOT leave KML out of the starting line up. Please tell me this is a joke.
Whoa, whoa. Sorry, my bad - I was confused by their chart format. Nurse is the 6th man.

Starters:
Jefferson
KML
Tuck
Stewart
Stokes

Reaction Score
Still wrong.
True - they didn't mention Chong, even in the article, except, "...four freshmen and two sophomores who must learn the nuances of UCONN's high post-triangle offense to keep pace with the veterans."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
True - they didn't mention Chong, even in the article, except, "...four freshmen and two sophomores who must learn the nuances of UCONN's high post-triangle offense to keep pace with the veterans."
Except also, we don't run a triangle offense. We run a 4-1 or 3-2 motion offense.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Sounds like alcohol or some other substance is being abused over at SI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom