Sporting News Preseason All America Teams | The Boneyard

Sporting News Preseason All America Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What??...No PC players??? What a sham!!!

(congrats to JL)

Reaction Score
god shamgod isn't coming throught that door.

Reaction Score
Not a ton of star power this year in college basketball. Just think of what this list would have looked like if Barnes, Sullinger, and Jones went pro.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised these guys haven't learned not to put a freshman 1st team AA like Barnes last year. He probably will be great in time, but its very possible that he struggles a lot out of the gate.

It seems that a lot of the things we are hearing about Davis were also said about John Henson. Skilled string bean big guy, grew up as a guard and had a late growth spurt, etc. Henson is a fine player but struggled a ton his first year. Davis is a lot closer to Henson than he is to Durant (someone else who I have heard him compared to). Durant has all world guard skills and is 6'11. Davis was going mid-major at 6'4 before his spurt.

Congrats to J Lamb.

Reaction Score
Davis is a string bean but he can shoot the rock like a guard. If he can draw other 5s outside the paint it will open the middle of the court for Uk and could be a tough matchup for many teams. Not all teams have a big man like AD and so much length everywhere else. Hard to shoot over AD- not so much for many of the teams he will face this year- the kid is a player even if he is playing for the squid.

BTW- did Davis and AD ever play against each other prior to coming to school.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how you put a freshman as a pre season AA.

Reaction Score
Not much BE love, Gibbs looked to be the last one picked (i.e. thought of). Alex is noticeably absent, yet Jared Sullenger may be the only one better.

Reaction Score
Three of the last 4 years have seen a freshman on the AP All-America first team. And 5 freshmen total in those 4 years. 2 of the 4 years had 2 freshmen on the first team. That is why you put a freshman on the pre-season team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom