Sporting News...national high school scene | The Boneyard

Sporting News...national high school scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Skimming the treetops:

They have 6 AA teams...5 players per team.

First team:
Diamond
Breanna
Moriah
Alexis Jones
Imani Stafford

Second team
Morgan

Fourth team
Xylina
Jatarie White....first soph listed

Sixth team
Brianna Turner...soph

They list tons of honorable mentions....many seniors, lots of juniors, few sophs, rare frosh.

In the east:
Sierra Calhoun...soph...CTK....14ppg...apparently on UConn's radar.
Adrianna Hahn...frosh....Ursuline Academy....EDD's alma mater.
Bria Holmes....I think she is the only Ct. kid listed.
Cierra Dillard....soph...Gates Chili [NY]. I saw Gates play in the NYS semifinals in the first game of
a doubleheader with Breanna Stewart and her Cicero North team playing in the second game. I thought that Cicero would have trouble with the Gates guards since they both looked like future
D1 types. Cicero blew out Gates in the finals even though Breanna didn't have a really strong game [compared to the semi game] though she did have around 24 points.

BTW: OT....they list the UConn men at national #4....and they clearly made this evaluation before Andre Drummond made his announcement. Think expectations will be a bit high on the guy-side?

They list 20 teams to watch....not necessarily the top 20 in the land.
Two stand out to me:

Christ the King
Bolingbrook with Morgan. Bruin....might you get to see Bolingbrook play this year? We need an
expert analysis of Morgan from our courtside Midwest One seed.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I would love to say yes, but it will be tough to see Taya Reimer play and her HS is 5 minutes from my house. We are expecting our first child the week of Thanksgiving and I have a feeling that will be my world this winter :0)

Reaction Score
You will have much to give thanks for, indeed. Congratulations to you and your wife!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Skimming the treetops:

They have 6 AA teams...5 players per team.

First team:
Diamond
Breanna
Moriah
Alexis Jones
Imani Stafford

Second team
Morgan

Fourth team
Xylina
Jatarie White....first soph listed

Sixth team
Brianna Turner...soph

They list tons of honorable mentions....many seniors, lots of juniors, few sophs, rare frosh.

In the east:
Sierra Calhoun...soph...CTK....14ppg...apparently on UConn's radar.
Adrianna Hahn...frosh....Ursuline Academy....EDD's alma mater.
Bria Holmes....I think she is the only Ct. kid listed.
Cierra Dillard....soph...Gates Chili [NY]. I saw Gates play in the NYS semifinals in the first game of
a doubleheader with Breanna Stewart and her Cicero North team playing in the second game. I thought that Cicero would have trouble with the Gates guards since they both looked like future
D1 types. Cicero blew out Gates in the finals even though Breanna didn't have a really strong game [compared to the semi game] though she did have around 24 points.

BTW: OT....they list the UConn men at national #4....and they clearly made this evaluation before Andre Drummond made his announcement. Think expectations will be a bit high on the guy-side?

They list 20 teams to watch....not necessarily the top 20 in the land.
Two stand out to me:

Christ the King
Bolingbrook with Morgan. Bruin....might you get to see Bolingbrook play this year? We need an
expert analysis of Morgan from our courtside Midwest One seed.

I would love to say yes, but it will be tough to see Taya Reimer play and her HS is 5 minutes from my house. We are expecting our first child the week of Thanksgiving and I have a feeling that will be my world this winter :0)

Congratulations, Bruin!

BTW: I gave the lists a quick second glance and I do think Bria Holmes is the only Nutmeg state kid mentioned. The Hahn kid from Wilmington Delaware is the only frosh listed in the country....5'6".
Hey....EDD is close by at UDel....wonder if she might stop by to see the new Sheriff on the block.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks to Blake.

Congrats to Bruin.

Aloha to all from Waikiki.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
enjoy yourself big time! can't believe ur even on here!!! :)
I need to keep up with all the important news--and all the great polls!

Plus, there was a cloud overhead briefly, so I took a break. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I need to keep up with all the important news--and all the great polls!

Plus, there was a cloud overhead briefly, so I took a break. :)
oh, bite me! lol...

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! We are having a daughter, sadly though, my wife shot down the name Arie Emma XXXXXX. Too bad, I tried!

On a side note, at the game I saw Geno come to watch Kelly in High School, I sat directly behind him and my wife had our new 3 pound puppy at the time hidden in her huge dog purse. After my infatuation with having Geno literally inches away I tried to name the puppy Aurie. My wife accepted. However, the name did not stick. Her name is now Shadow.

I hope our daughter gets my height 6'3", my wifes looks, and Shadow's athleticism. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice story, Bruin,

Where are the following kids on the AA list:

Kaela Davis

Taya Reimer

Stephanie Mavunga

Jannah Tucker?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! We are having a daughter, sadly though, my wife shot down the name Arie Emma XXXXXX. Too bad, I tried!

On a side note, at the game I saw Geno come to watch Kelly in High School, I sat directly behind him and my wife had our new 3 pound puppy at the time hidden in her huge dog purse. After my infatuation with having Geno literally inches away I tried to name the puppy Aurie. My wife accepted. However, the name did not stick. Her name is now Shadow.

I hope our daughter gets my height 6'3", my wifes looks, and Shadow's athleticism. :D
Bruin, believe it or not, it actually took me about 5 whole seconds to figure out the name. very clever!! congrats as well!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

It is hard to ind something to go with Bruinball for a last name. Congratulations and blessings that is is all good for the three of you.
Only 13 years until the recruiting starts in earnest.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Nice story, Bruin,

Where are the following kids on the AA list:

Kaela Davis

Taya Reimer

Stephanie Mavunga

Jannah Tucker?

Davis: second team
Tucker: fourth team
Reimer and Mavunga: honorable mention

I see that Tucker is from Maryland.....have you seen her play?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tucker is from west of Baltimore, maybe 60-75 minutes away. I have not seen her but will try. About 4 of Kenny Kallina's top kids for 2013 are 15-75 minutes away.

Thanks for the additional info. Mahalo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger